Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite kind of headphones

Default Favorite kind of headphones

What your favorite kind, brand of headphones, whether it be for gaming, pc or otherwise?

Default Re: Favorite kind of headphones

Sennheiser makes some really good headphones. Their HD 280 Pro headphones will last you a long, long time. Both the cushions and cable are easily replaceable, not to mention the sound reproduction is outstanding.

I personally like a brand called Aftershokz. They make bone conduction headphones that bypass your eardrums and play through your jawbones. The sound quality is great and you can still hear what's going on around you.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyShrek View Post
    Sennheiser makes some really good headphones. Their HD 280 Pro headphones will last you a long, long time. Both the cushions and cable are easily replaceable, not to mention the sound reproduction is outstanding.

I personally like a brand called Aftershokz. They make bone conduction headphones that bypass your eardrums and play through your jawbones. The sound quality is great and you can still hear what's going on around you.
    Sounds expensive o.o

Sennheiser does make great headphones and they only make products related to sound and music. I own two pairs of headphones made by them, HD-202 and HD-380, and love them both. I also have a pair of GRADO LABS SR-60 and they are awesome open headphones, these guys only make headphones and amps for audiophiles. the SR-60s make a guitar sound incredible. shure also makes quality headphones for professional use, I have a pair of in-ear from them and they are a pleasure to listen to whenever out. Audio Technica is another great brand, I have never heard of someone not liking their ATH-M50, strong bass and really great all around. Pioneer makes some good DJ headphones I have had a chance to listen to the HDJ 1000 a lot and they are pretty great. all of these headphones focus on sound quality, clarity, and accurate reproduction of the music without distorting anything, or overblowing the bass like stupid beats. I like that Monster, the people who make beats, is getting people to realize that they are just sampling music with crappy ipod ear buds and quality cans are really worth it to hear your music. hopefully everyone will realize that there are better products out there when there beats break.

For my Xbox 360: turtle beach X12
    For my music: just a regular skullcandy, it's really good

If you like hearing the sound exactly as it was recorded, it's hard to beat Grado (for portables) and Etymotics (for earbuds).

For what it's worth, I own a pair of Beats by Dre. Sure they're pricey, and there's plenty of argument that depending on how you like your music to sound you can get more bang for the buck (going back to Grado, it's hard to argue with the <$100 price tag on the SR-60i), but I don't get the whole "they're just glorified bass cannons" argument at all. To be clear, this is by no means an attempt to justify me spending that kind of money on them. I was fully aware of the reputation they have among audiophiles when I first listened to them, and I expected to throw a song on them, listen for a bit, tell the shop owner "these aren't for me", and look at other options, but I honestly thought they sounded good. They're not for everybody, but I don't think they deserve all the negative press they get.

For me the priorities in selecting a good headphone start with how they will be used, then the sonic reproduction and comfort follow. For general use I love Sennheiser for headlines and it is a close match between Sony and Dr Dre for in ear's. if you were a DJ I would say Pioneer, some of there better DJ headphones are very solid and sound great. Grado also produces some very fine products although you will definitely pay of them.

For sound production you are looking for a completely different product. I tend toward the Pioneer DJ series, like the HDJ-1500 or even better the HDJ-2000 for live production and then for Studio work I love my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, although the DT 880 Pro are a but better and the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro are also an excellent choice.

How the headphones will be used is an important consideration because there is a difference between listening for your own entertainment and actually producing something that will be reproduced and listened to by others later.

None, I can't stand things on (or in) my ears like that. I have sensitive ears with good hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    None, I can't stand things on (or in) my ears like that. I have sensitive ears with good hearing.
    Well sometimes headphones are necessary, but I hear you. There is nothing like listening to good pure music without having to wear headphones.