Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bam! Another drunken Aussie appears! :D

Talking Bam! Another drunken Aussie appears! :D

Naw, who am I kidding, I'm sober (*cough*, for now, but we'll see)

This is me, I'm a Tonky, and I'm saying hello. Funny that!

Since I've never really been all that great with introductions (Oh how horribly cliche of me xD), I'm just going to throw out a bunch of random stuff and see what happens. To adventure!

AB/DL Stoof
    Ah, the universal interest around these parts, now let's see if I can explain this... I identify as AB/DL, though I don't really feel that that describes how I fit into this little underground haven of ours.
    I've always described myself as a lil kid who just happens to be DL, I've never been able to define an age for that side of me, though I normally tend to slip into the 'Big Brother' role (though not grown-up big, cause that'd just be silleh :3).
    I'm really hoping to stumble across some like-minded people around here, but we'll see.

Big Kid Interests :3
    I'm a gamer, I have a soft spot for indie games, a lil bit of action, and a long-time love for RPGs (Love to all the MMO RPers!).
    Currently active in: Guildwars 2, SecondLife, Saints Row 3 and Garry's Mod!

I love me some art.
    Specifics I hear you ask? I absolutely love environmental paintings (particularly digital work). I'm an artist myself, and I draw heavily from growing up smack-bang in Middle Earth. *cough* name-drop *coughcough*
    Favourite artists: Apofiss, Sakimichan and DestinyBlue

Last, but most definitely not least, music!
    I happily listen to anything from classical Mozart to Jpop, I particularly love Oldschool Rock and Punk/alt Rock, and have another soft spot for House/dance DJs though.
    Bands? Yellowcard, All Time Low, Owl City, Madeon

I think I'll leave my Anime and popculture obsessions for later :P.

Why am I here?
    I'm sick of the spam sites, the stalkerspaces and the creeper nests.
    They kinda all make me feel like the one creative person picking through an ocean of drones. Yuck.
    I heard this place was something of a haven for people who are actually able to communicate with the outside world, so far so good, I wanna explore

(Yeah I used the cheatsheet, shush!)
    Last edited by Tonky; 21-Dec-2012 at 07:10. Reason: Name-dropping mah fanboy obsessions :P

You sound like an interesting person, Tonky. It'll be nice having you here.
    Welcome to Adisc.

Thanks!
    I've been sniffing around the forums ever since I posted this and so far I'm really liking what I'm seeing ^_^.

Welcome Tonky, a pretty big intro...sounds like youre a busy guy. Aside from being Aussie myself, I too am an aspiring artist...but not quite the gamer...yeah, I've got them, but just tend not to spend much time on them these days. Any how, enjoy your time here, it's a pretty cool place.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Welcome Tonky, a pretty big intro...sounds like youre a busy guy. Aside from being Aussie myself, I too am an aspiring artist...but not quite the gamer...yeah, I've got them, but just tend not to spend much time on them these days. Any how, enjoy your time here, it's a pretty cool place.
    That feeling when you're the only chain-smokin', cheeseburger-chugin', terrorist-shotgunnin' 'Murican in a post.

You had a good job at hiding you used the cheat sheet. I only noticed because you said something about it (Should see my thread lol XD)

What RPGs do you like? (Sorry if the games you listed are rpgs, I am not familiar with them)

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendBoss View Post
    That feeling when you're the only chain-smokin', cheeseburger-chugin', terrorist-shotgunnin' 'Murican in a post.
    Ahahaha, all I can think of is the intro to Team America. Why did you start that in my head? D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post
    You had a good job at hiding you used the cheat sheet. I only noticed because you said something about it (Should see my thread lol XD)

What RPGs do you like? (Sorry if the games you listed are rpgs, I am not familiar with them)
    My all-time favourite would be a teency bit oldschool: Arcanum, followed by Dragon Age I and Skyrim.

ya.. I have no idea on any of those expect I did not play skyrim because I took an arrow to the knee.

The rpgs I like is the older FF games like FF7- FF10 They made me cry and laugh.
    Xenosaga (same thing I had moments of laughing and crying in all 3 games)

and Eternal sonata. (The ending made me really cry) but there was other moments where I laughed and cryed in that game too XD

My first RPG was super mario RPG legend of the seven stars.

Hey, that's not fair. JRPG's don't count, otherwise I would've added Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy to my list too :P

I have/had no idea there was a difference O_o so how is it not fair? XD

Have you played the ones I listed? Xeonsaga and eternal sonata?