Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does the ABDL scene need wider social acceptance?

Default Does the ABDL scene need wider social acceptance?

The question is quite simple: Do you think there needs to be efforts to get ABDLs more widely accepted by society, or do you think it should just remain largely an interest behind closed doors like it currently is?

In the past week there have been a few threads that are all starting to merge into similar things. Firstly there is the realization of the -18 bans thread which digressed into calls for wider social integration and campaigning to avoid the cause for having to make the split. I was very much struck by CharliePup's post countering all the calls, and thought it would be a better to discuss elsewhere to avoid derailing the original topic.
    Then I found Marka's thread asking how we should go about achieving social acceptance. The topic has become a little muddled, some discussion has again veered towards whether we should be going down that route. Tiny's post echoes a remarkably similar sentiment to ChalriePup's post, and again asks the question "Why?" I agree this is relevant, but it's not the discussion Marka intended I don't think.

So that's what this thread is for: keep Marka's thread on how to go about acceptance (if it were to be a good idea), keep the -18 bans thread on the topic of what it means for the site, and move the discussion for whether we actually need more acceptance in here.

I think it would be beneficial to note that the number one well known AB/DL is Riley Kilo. (FTM) She has even gone on TV recently and continues to do so to speak in defense of the fetish/lifestyle that we partake in.

I mention this because many users often forget or don't know about Riley and how open and on the forefront she is for us. You can find the videos on YouTube Easily.

I think we are all over-analyzing the need for world-wide acceptance but I have nothing against anyone that wishes to help promote us as long as they are able to show a balanced and healthy mental and emotional life.

yes i feel we need greater acceptence. but not on here i think it is a case of that who we are we cant change it. there are also a lot more of us than people think.a lot of us wont come out tho because opf the stigma asscoiated with it. if it was more accepted us ABDL'S could go about our lifes like normal people and have to hide who we are.

No.

And you don't need to think very hard to come up with a large number of reasons why not.

I think it should remain the way it is. If people want to tell people that are important in their lives, more power to them; if they want to tell every random stranger on the planet, I don't really recommend it.

I get the feeling that a lot of people want more acceptance for AB/DLs just as a better chance at finding someone who shares their interest. Of course, I have no info to back that statement up, but that is just the feeling I get whenever I see people post about widening the worlds eyes to the existence of ab/dls.

-Ron

I thought a bit about this. I sometimes wonder if organising a fund-raiser, like getting members of an AB website to donate to a particular charity through one of those websites, would be a good idea to maybe get some positive press for ABs.

Pros of being more socially accepted:
    ABs would feel less guilty, or feel less like freaks.
    ABs could be less secretive.
    Finding other ABs in real life would be easier.

Those are three pretty strong reasons for wanting it to be more socially accepted. All the problems seem to be in actually brining it about.
    People do not want to hear about weird sexual habits. More exposure is more likely to lead to more judgement, more misunderstandings and more calls for legislation against us.

So to answer the question... if you told me there was a sure-fire way to make ABDLism accepted by the public, I'd say go ahead. But should we aim to bring this about? No, because no sure-fire way exists.

ABDLism won't be accepted until fetishes in general are viewed as acceptable.

Default Does the ABDL scene need wider social acceptance?

I think the tough part about this is because to some people it's a sexual fetish. To other people its more of a personality or lifestyle issue. That's what often makes it difficult. So for some public involvement if you will is considered engaging the public in a sexual activity that should be private. To others it's just being themselves. Being the person they feel like inside. I feel this is what makes it tough. I understand how some folks want acceptance so they can just be themselves, and I can relate. I just don't know how possible it is to do because of how hard it would be to separate it from the sexual side of the community.

H0TWH33LS

What if someone on this site someday became famous enough and ultimately became a celebrity endorsement type figure hahaha that would be pretty cool. A big step in the right direction for acceptance I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    I think the tough part about this is because to some people it's a sexual fetish. To other people its more of a personality or lifestyle issue. That's what often makes it difficult. So for some public involvement if you will is considered engaging the public in a sexual activity that should be private. To others it's just being themselves. Being the person they feel like inside. I feel this is what makes it tough. I understand how some folks want acceptance so they can just be themselves, and I can relate. I just don't know how possible it is to do because of how hard it would be to separate it from the sexual side of the community.
    its defenitly not sexual to me in any way. i am like i am because i feel i am being me. i am a kid in the body of an adult and thats not good for me coz inside im a little boy and to me the little boy inside is me but i wish he could come out alll the time. that way i could be natural and be me the way i want to be me. not how i am piercieved by others

It doesn't need to be accepted by everyone; the ones who don't accept it just need to stop overreacting and making asinine assumptions about it.