Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I admit it, I may be a Brony.

Default I admit it, I may be a Brony.

Hi all,

My Little Pony is actually a pretty good show. It's actually cleverly written, as opposed to other shows of its type, with intelligently-written, likeable characters and clever pop culture references, my favorite being "Read It and Weep" with its rather involved Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider parody.

My own in-universe character would be a Nuckelavee, a race I created myself, decribed below,with grey skin, dark mane with blue-dyed tips, blue tattoos, and violet eyes.

Nuckelavee are a bipedal, equine species from the Osprey islands (a play on the Orkney islands, where the legend originates). They have an unfortunate reputation as criminals and other shady types, not helped by their rather frightening appearence, with translucent skin and slightly glowing eyes. However, one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, as they have a deeply-ingrained sense of honor and integrity, and have distinguised themselves as leading members of the Equestrian military.

I imagined them as being more humanoid than the other species, closer to a creature from Grimm, but that's just my take on it, seeing as the Nuckelavee in Orcadian legend is a human-horse hybrid.

Anyway, love the show.
    Last edited by FootieCrinkle; 17-Dec-2012 at 08:23.

I enjoy the show as well. Been a part of the fandom for some time. Favorite episode has to be Sonic Rainboom

im sorrry but i dont see why your all fasinated with a kids program.

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    im sorrry but i dont see why your all fasinated with a kids program.
    ahahaha.. you're kidding xD

you're kidding, right ? Oo

I am a Brony and I love this show. I have been a brony for a little over a year now and became one when I saw CR from thatguywiththeglasses.com do a retrospective of My Little Pony from G1 to G3 and then he did a whole show on G4. It seemed interesting so I watched the first two episodes on youtube and fell in love with it.

Episode 58: My Little Pony Retrospective - G4

thatguywiththeglasses.com is very fun! I love the whole site. Discovered it a couple years ago.

MLP is one of my favorite shows right now, along with Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, and Louie. :-D

Awesome Pony Avatar NukJams. Wish I knew how to digital paint. Right now all I know how to do is pencil/charcoal draw, and I can't get my scanner to work.

You can buy a wacom bamboo. It's not very expensive (~70€ in France, so it should be around 90$). And even cheaper if you're looking for second-hand tablet.
    And digital painting is not that hard, there is tons of tutorials out there.

If you draw quite a bit, it's a good way to start and you can achieve some great stuff with those. (this guy is using a bamboo : Timelapse Digital Painting - "Bayonets and ideas" - YouTube)
    So, it's not like you need to spend hundreds of dollars to get a good tablet.

But, you do need time to get used to it. It's weird to draw without seeing your hand and looking at a screen. You might not do really good things at first but practice makes perfect.

=> that was totally off-topic.

To stay in the topic :
    As some people are talking about their favorite episode, I would say mine was Bridle Gossip, because:
    - Zecora is best pony.
    and
    - flutterguy actually made me laugh out loud (something a cartoon hasn't done since Animaniacs and its "finger prince")

Quote Originally Posted by FootieCrinkle View Post
    My Little Pony is actually a pretty good show. It's actually cleverly written, as opposed to other shows of its type, with intelligently-written, likeable characters and clever pop culture references, my favorite being "Read It and Weep" with its rather involved Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider parody.
    Kudos!

It's always nice being able to welcome someone else to the heard, welcome my friend!

Also "Read it and Weep" was all kinds of awesome, in addition to the Indiana Jones references, I also enjoyed the sneaking around later on in the episode. All kinds of fantastic!