Thread: Project CARS?

Default Project CARS?

Just curious how many people have heard of/are playing or planning on getting Project CARS?

Project C.A.R.S. trailer - Wet is Beautiful - YouTube

Project C.A.R.S. trailer - First Person Driver - YouTube

Project C.A.R.S. trailer - The Five - YouTube

Honestly i've been playing it quite a bit lately and for a game in it's Pre-Alpha stages it's quite respectable (kinda light on the cars list right now, but the modelling is vastly superior to most every racing sim i've played) and should be quite fun

I'm starting to get really sick of the AI in GT5 and the fact that you can crash into a wall at 300k/ph with no consequence. However I don't like the fact that the tracks don't share the same name as there real world equivalent.

i have never heard of this game. if its so good why has no one even mentioned it till now. please someone explain to me what the hype is about as i like racing games.

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    i have never heard of this game. if its so good why has no one even mentioned it till now. please someone explain to me what the hype is about as i like racing games.
    Because console gamers are to retarded to notice anything that's not called Gran Tursimo or Forza. Also it's been talked about before, just not anywhere you've been going to.

Personally I like the look of the game. But I perfer driving on realistic roads. open world gameplay like Just Cause 2, Fuel, Burnout paradise and need for speed by criterion games (Burnout makers).

closed track racing games are booooring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Because console gamers are to retarded to notice anything that's not called Gran Tursimo or Forza. Also it's been talked about before, just not anywhere you've been going to.

Personally I like the look of the game. But I perfer driving on realistic roads. open world gameplay like Just Cause 2, Fuel, Burnout paradise and need for speed by criterion games (Burnout makers).

closed track racing games are booooring.
    Yeah that pretty much describes why he's never heard of it. Also there's something called "Pre-Alpha".

Gotta agree with you, I enjoy open world racing games more than closed tracks :/ but the level of realism in this game is quite nice, and there are a few "tracks" that are out on the streets so that helps a little bit I guess (not really).

Another nice thing, and I haven't really seen this in Forza (not sure about it in Gran Turismo) but the amount of opponents you can have is much more realistic. If you get in a stock car and go on a circuit you could load the track up with 40-50 opponents easily, so it could feel quite like a real race in terms of opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by WittleHirvi View Post
    Yeah that pretty much describes why he's never heard of it. Also there's something called "Pre-Alpha".

Gotta agree with you, I enjoy open world racing games more than closed tracks :/ but the level of realism in this game is quite nice, and there are a few "tracks" that are out on the streets so that helps a little bit I guess (not really).

Another nice thing, and I haven't really seen this in Forza (not sure about it in Gran Turismo) but the amount of opponents you can have is much more realistic. If you get in a stock car and go on a circuit you could load the track up with 40-50 opponents easily, so it could feel quite like a real race in terms of opponents.
    I like what their trying to do and it looks nice so far.

But like I said I perfer open world racers. Games where you can cruise around, socialize and just drive.

I would love a game that is as "open" as the real world... basically if they took what they are doing with GT5, Forza, and Project CARS (and etc. etc. etc.) and made them into an open world game with tons and tons of space for cruising... say atleast space equivalent to North America or larger. That would keep me satisfied for a looong time

Quote Originally Posted by WittleHirvi View Post
    I would love a game that is as "open" as the real world... basically if they took what they are doing with GT5, Forza, and Project CARS (and etc. etc. etc.) and made them into an open world game with tons and tons of space for cruising... say atleast space equivalent to North America or larger. That would keep me satisfied for a looong time
    the closet game to that would either be Fuel or Test Drive Unlimited 2.

personally I think Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod was/is fun. You can do convoy's and just drive all around panau trying to avoid the "free killers".

I bought into Project CARS, and I anticipate there will be an AI opponent with my name when the game is released. I've put a miniscule amount of time in it. While it's not nearly at its final state (collision physics are still at a somewhat laughable state in my opinion) it certainly looks amazing, and they've proven they can make a visceral and 'approaching accurate' game (the NFS Shift series). I love these open, indie projects, from what I've experienced, they tend to get right to the point and build to what the fans want, not what the designers think the fans should get (ie: wickedly hyped and eventually disappointing projects like Spore and The Movies back in the day)

And I also agree with the fondness for the idea of open world racing, which is one of the reasons for my fondness for the GTA series and the higher quality games of that variety... I never really spent much time in Just Cause, but I'll definitely have to give that a go.

@Hobbes, yeah I bought into it too... enough that I'm anticipating an AI with my name on it hahaha as well as a free copy of it when it is released in full.

@Fire2box, That sounds fun. I haven't really tried TDU 2 but I've heard mixed things about it