Thread: The teens on ADISC

BabyJayk

Default The teens on ADISC

So I know Moo posted about this earlier, but it bothered me enough that I had to say something. I don't intend to chastise anyone for this decision because I don't know all the particulars, but I had to voice my concern.

I understand that it has become increasingly difficult to keep the teens safe on this site, but has anyone thought about what will happen if they are closed out?

They will not simply stay away from the community, they will look for other internet homes. There are far worse places they could end up than here. I know because I wasn't lucky enough to find this place when I was a teen. Places where there are people that are not as closely monitored, places where people are just looking for an unsuspecting teen girl or boy to take advantage of. They could have their questions, and problems addressed here, where at least Moo, the safety mods, other mods, and some of the older members can offer advice and watch over them to a degree. If they DO somehow stay away from the community until they come of age, they will be just as alone as before in a world that often doesn't accept them or doesn't understand them, only worse because they know that there are people out there like them, they just can't talk to them.

One does not shut the children out of the house simply because the stove might catch fire, especially when it is snowing outside.

Again I don't know the whole story, so I don't intend to chastise anyone, I just hope and pray the ADISC powers that be took all this into consideration before the banned all the teen accounts.

I have one of the few websites for trans kids and really wondered why there were so few and the only reason I could think of was fear of liability in dealing with minors. I called the APA, ACA and Ohio licensing board and they all gave me the same answer. As long as you do not appear to be recruiting you are OK and TG Chrysalis is a result. I too have a real concern for Trans youth and if they do not find a place here with good moderation they will find some not good places.

Unfortunately, being trans and being a TB/DL are different things. One is considered to be primarily a sexual fetish in the eyes of the law,and the other is an officially diagnosed mental health issue with specific courses of treatment based on the severity.

Sadly, the fact that wearing diapers is viewed and treated primarily as a sexual fetish makes things difficult. Running a strictly support only site for diaper wearers that includes teens isn't easy in the current legal climate. Not that there aren't people willing to try. I know people who are, they just lack the resources to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    So I know Moo posted about this earlier, but it bothered me enough that I had to say something. I don't intend to chastise anyone for this decision because I don't know all the particulars, but I had to voice my concern.

I understand that it has become increasingly difficult to keep the teens safe on this site, but has anyone thought about what will happen if they are closed out?

They will not simply stay away from the community, they will look for other internet homes. There are far worse places they could end up than here. I know because I wasn't lucky enough to find this place when I was a teen. Places where there are people that are not as closely monitored, places where people are just looking for an unsuspecting teen girl or boy to take advantage of. They could have their questions, and problems addressed here, where at least Moo, the safety mods, other mods, and some of the older members can offer advice and watch over them to a degree. If they DO somehow stay away from the community until they come of age, they will be just as alone as before in a world that often doesn't accept them or doesn't understand them, only worse because they know that there are people out there like them, they just can't talk to them.

One does not shut the children out of the house simply because the stove might catch fire, especially when it is snowing outside.

Again I don't know the whole story, so I don't intend to chastise anyone, I just hope and pray the ADISC powers that be took all this into consideration before the banned all the teen accounts.
    Yes, of course we considered this. It was still the best option.