Thread: Diapers in Europe

Default Diapers in Europe

Hey Guys,

I'm overseas in Europe at the moment and I'm finding it impossible to find DryNites or Underjams. Below are the places that I've been and where I tried.

Paris: I tried Monop and Franprix grocery stores plus a whole lot of small pharmacy's and none of them had DryNites or Pampers Underjams.

Berlin: I tried a Lidl and Kaiser's - Neither of them had DryNites or Underjams either.

Prague: I tried an Albert and Billo plus a whole lot of pharmacy's. - Again, neither had them.

Venice: I've tried a Coop and three different pharmacy's and none of them sell them either...

Can anyone from Europe 'point me in the right direction' and let me know which stores sell them. I'm going to Rome and Switzerland next - so advice for stores in those places would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
    Monop and Franprix are centre city supermarkets, they are often too little to offer the whole range of baby diapers. (Drynites are sold with baby diapers in France). In bigger hypermarkets like Auchan, Geant, Leclerc, you ll find the whole range of baby diapers including Drynites.
    Big kid pull ups are not sold in pharmacy or medical store (where you can get adult diapers or pull ups).
    The problem for you may be those hypermarkets are often outside city 's centre so you ll need a car or take a city bus. I m pretty sure it's the same in Italy. As for Switzerland, I don't really know.
    Have a nice travel
    Last edited by SimonSays; 16-Dec-2012 at 12:00.

I can help you with Switzerland:
    DryNites? not certain, but Underjams certainly can be found in just about EVERY larger "coop" (it's not actually a co-op, but a grocery-store chain that's named "coop" - it's one of the two biggest chains) has them with the Baby-Nappies...
    So does "Migros" (the other one of the two largest grocery chains in Switzerland)... I guess one has GoodNights or Underjams or maybe Drynites...
    I don't buy these... I need something more fitting my size ... but I've noticed them just about every time I go shopping.

Other than that: coop also sells the Tena Pants Plus at a reasonable price (about 10 quid less than at a pharmacy)...
    Migros has their own whole range of cheap incontinence products (supposedly made by Hartmann who are they manufacturers of the Molicare stuff...).

Any Pharmacy should be able to get you at least the Tena range of products (although most just carry the Pants or the Pads in stock... but ordering takes a day).

And I've seen the Underjams at larger drug-stores/pharmacies who sell baby-nappies...
    most likely though you'd have to ask.
    But then again, Migros and Coop both have either one thing.
    Other than that... if you happen to find an "Ottos" they've got a large Tena Selection, for good prices...
    Some pharmacies have either Molicare or Attends in stock.
    And most of the medical-supply stores have Tena stuff in stock or Molicare... but prices are HIGH.

hope that helps

Rome? don't know... last time I've been is 10+ years ago ... but in italy you can generally find Incontinence products at some pharmacies and in some of the larger supermarkets.

France? Auchan and SuperU both have a selection of adult incontinence products... again though not sure about the drynites-things.

Dude...seriously? Any convenience store has them. When I was living in Germany, Edeka had lots of baby diapers. Aphoteke has the adult ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
    Hi,
    Monop and Franprix are centre city supermarkets, they are often too little to offer the whole range of baby diapers. (Drynites are sold with baby diapers in France). In bigger hypermarkets like Auchan, Geant, Leclerc, you ll find the whole range of baby diapers including Drynites.
    Big kid pull ups are not sold in pharmacy or medical store (where you can get adult diapers or pull ups).
    The problem for you may be those hypermarkets are often outside city 's centre so you ll need a car or take a city bus. I m pretty sure it's the same in Italy. As for Switzerland, I don't really know.
    Have a nice travel
    Thanks heaps, Simon! Much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I can help you with Switzerland:
    DryNites? not certain, but Underjams certainly can be found in just about EVERY larger "coop" (it's not actually a co-op, but a grocery-store chain that's named "coop" - it's one of the two biggest chains) has them with the Baby-Nappies...
    So does "Migros" (the other one of the two largest grocery chains in Switzerland)... I guess one has GoodNights or Underjams or maybe Drynites...
    I don't buy these... I need something more fitting my size ... but I've noticed them just about every time I go shopping.

Other than that: coop also sells the Tena Pants Plus at a reasonable price (about 10 quid less than at a pharmacy)...
    Migros has their own whole range of cheap incontinence products (supposedly made by Hartmann who are they manufacturers of the Molicare stuff...).

Any Pharmacy should be able to get you at least the Tena range of products (although most just carry the Pants or the Pads in stock... but ordering takes a day).

And I've seen the Underjams at larger drug-stores/pharmacies who sell baby-nappies...
    most likely though you'd have to ask.
    But then again, Migros and Coop both have either one thing.
    Other than that... if you happen to find an "Ottos" they've got a large Tena Selection, for good prices...
    Some pharmacies have either Molicare or Attends in stock.
    And most of the medical-supply stores have Tena stuff in stock or Molicare... but prices are HIGH.

hope that helps

Rome? don't know... last time I've been is 10+ years ago ... but in italy you can generally find Incontinence products at some pharmacies and in some of the larger supermarkets.

France? Auchan and SuperU both have a selection of adult incontinence products... again though not sure about the drynites-things.
    Thanks so much! This is brilliant! Very informative - Now I know exactly where to go! Thanks again, EPO1!

You are welcome !

Enjoy your trip, diapered or not

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
    You are welcome !

Enjoy your trip, diapered or not
    Haha! Will do! Although I'm travelling with family, I have my own hotel room 90% of the time, so what better opportunity.