Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADISC Civ V Online game/club?

Lightbulb ADISC Civ V Online game/club?

Hey guys...I was looking through the "what is everyone playing rn" thread, and saw that there were a pretty solid number of Civ V players here. I was a Civ IV maniac (I'm getting Civ V for Christmas :P), and am wondering if there is any interest in organizing a weekly Civ V game.

While I would think it best to wait until January to set a schedule (because college/high school students with jobs might have different schedules during break), that doesn't mean we can't start discussing details now.

Interested? Scenarios or a full game? Any rule-set preferences? I'll start friending those of you who are interested, and eventually form a group.

I have 322 hours clocked in Civ 5 so far, and I expect I'll have another couple hundred in 2013, and I'd love to share some of those hours with some good ADISC folks... no preference on rules or anything of the sort, I just love the game and it's evolved balance, and would love to put in some multiplayer time.

Some die hard fans find 5 hard to swallow because it's an even more abstracted and simplified game than the previous titles, but I consider this a natural evolution of the genre, just as the great new XCom title is.

I haven't played online. I'm not sure I'm good enough.
    I only played a few games of Civ 2 online a long time ago.
    Maybe someday.

I have Civ V but like ShippoFox I haven't played it online yet. I also just got Gods and Kings and barely played with that.

I would be fine with standard rules, my biggest concern would be turn limits and only a few mins to make your turns.

I'd be up for this, I've got Civ 5, planning on getting G+K as soon as possible, only catch for me is I'm working alot over the Christmas period.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I haven't played online. I'm not sure I'm good enough.
    Well, it all depends on who you play with! I haven't played Civ IV in a couple years, never played Civ V...and I wasn't the greatest at Civ IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I would be fine with standard rules, my biggest concern would be turn limits and only a few mins to make your turns.
    Yeah, a game of Civ is doomed from the start without both of the above.

Default ADISC Civ V Online game/club?

I got an iTunes gift card for my birthday so I bought Civ V. I've never played the other and I haven't played much since buying it, but I'd love to play with people.

I love Civ 5 it's my favourite so far. However, I'm not nearly good enough to compete with anyone who has played it for at least 15 mins :P

Quote Originally Posted by Newphie View Post
    I love Civ 5 it's my favourite so far. However, I'm not nearly good enough to compete with anyone who has played it for at least 15 mins :P
    No harm in that! I've typically been pretty bad myself. Besides, every world needs smaller countries

I'm getting back into Civ now, if you want my steam tag, just message me