Thread: make a instrumental form an existing song for free/help

Default make a instrumental form an existing song for free/help

Im trying to make n instrumental of a son for my youtube page so i can sing for my granmothers birthday.does anyone know how to make an instrumental from as song for free.or know of a software that i can use to make one
    Last edited by tai; 10-Dec-2012 at 07:59.

Hmm. Well, I can think of a few things.

1. Have you just searched on youtube for an instrumental? That would be the quickest way.
    2. Do you have a smartphone? If I can't find something on youtube I just look through a music downloading app.
    3. Honestly, have you Googled anything yet?
    4. If you have any producing software (radio software), just use it and rip the vocals off. I just use Adobe Audition 1.5. They may be on Audition 6 now but I LOVE 1.5.

Assuming there's no instrumental version that you can purchase easily using iTunes or something... (legal first!)

If you want the exact song then you'd probably do best to look on Youtube for that sort of thing. Lots of times I find instrumentals on there that I can't find anywhere else.

Aside from that you can check this page (WARNING: EVIL EMPIRE OF 4CHAN) for an existing mediafire/rapishare/whatever link that's been uploaded there. Or you can try torrent sites and just grab the one song you want.

And if you're completely stuck, you can google:
    "Index of /"

and after the second quotation mark put the name of the song you want. If someone left the file on their FTP server or something and are too lazy to password it then it'll show up in those results.

Do you know how to transpose and transcribe? I do it all the time. I have made my own arrangements of most of my repertoire. It doesn't need to be formal, though I like it to be, you can just make tabs.

If you don't know how to do this, or if you don't want to do the work, you can probably look up the score on google and then work form there.

Since you say you want to perform, I am assuming you don't want a recording. If you are musically literate at all, or if you can do things by ear, figuring it out your own shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah, for me, I'd just sit down to my Korg Triton and record the song into the sequencer, adding a bass, guitar, some hammond or electric piano, and drums.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yeah, for me, I'd just sit down to my Korg Triton and record the song into the sequencer, adding a bass, guitar, some hammond or electric piano, and drums.
    bah, if only my accouterments were so nice. For me it's all pen, paper, and my instrument. No recording or mixing. I only have acoustic instruments, no tech.

Quote Originally Posted by PacifiedByKnowledge View Post
    bah, if only my accouterments were so nice. For me it's all pen, paper, and my instrument. No recording or mixing. I only have acoustic instruments, no tech.
    Ah, but I love to hear a real acoustic instrument played well. Our praise band at church is anchored by me on piano and a professor from Liberty U. the church has hired, who teaches guitar and praise music and worship. He's a really nice guy, but man, can he play jazz guitar. Together, we turn the praise songs into new age jazz arrangements. I told our church personal committee last Sunday that the church was most fortunate to have the both of us, because of the level of professionaliity. I'm a graduate of Westminster Choir College, Princeton and used to concertize across the country.