Thread: Recent Bedwetting

Default Recent Bedwetting

My doctor / sleep technician recently prescribed me to Continuos Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy because apparently I wasn't breathing well enough while asleep which was making me fatigued during the day. For those that don't know what CPAP therapy is, it basically means that you have to wear a special oxygen mask to bed every night which pumps air at a high pressure and assists breathing. Anyway, I've always been a DL but never a bedwetter, however recently since I've started the CPAP therapy I've found myself waking up with a wet nappy most mornings. I've done some research and no such issue has been heard of. It doesn't concern me too much, in some respects, I enjoy it. But I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea as to why this may have all-of-a-sudden occurred / why the CPAP therapy may have onset this? Does anybody else here need CPAP too?

Thanks in advance!

From what I've read, your experience really is atypical. Sleep apnea sometimes causes bedwetting, but use of a CPAP machine usually corrects the problem for people with sleep apnea. I recommend checking with your physician or sleep technician. Is your CPAP machine possibly malfunctioning?

Have you tried sleeping with the CPAP machine while not diapered? I have never been a bed wetter either, but over time I have "diapered trained" myself, so I usually wet in my sleep if I am diapered. It may be that the machine is just allowing you to sleep more deeply, so your body is more relaxed and you wet without waking up.

Default Re: Recent Bedwetting

Usually bedwetting is a sign of sleep apnea.

Once you get cpap therapy you will be sleeping a lot deeper. You will be in a deep REM sleep, so it would be possible that you were getting a deep enough sleep that your body relaxed and let go.

I've been on cpap for over 7 years, and it is definitely needed, I quit breathing 30 times in an hour, sometimes as long as 45 seconds.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You most likely got an ACPAP (auto) so it adjust through the night. I been using one for years. I might get a jaw realignment; however, that would mean they would have to wire my mouth shut for a few months. Hmmm....

Anyways. I still have the same amount of involuntary urination events with or without the machine (as far as I know).

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses guys, it's nice to know that I'm not alone with the CPAP. Which mask do you guys use? I quite enjoy the Resmed Mirage Quattro (Full Face). And I think you guys are right - I reckon the most likely reason is that the CPAP is making me sleep so deeply that my body doesn't wake up when I need to pee. I'm finding that I sleep so much better with the CPAP. Thanks for the support guys!

Hey Guys! For those CPAP users out there on ADISC, I created a group for us to discuss various CPAP related topics and such