Thread: Ahoy hoy

Default Ahoy hoy

Just joined and wanted to say hello. I've come and gone from a couple of these communities because it's a part of me which causes some confusion. I'm not sure where I fall into all of this, I've always liked to think about wearing nappies/diapers but I've never actually done it nor have I been really compelled to do it. I'd really just like to embrace these urges a bit more because I finding it so confusing being asexual.

I'd also say that I'm not totally in to the idea of being a full on baby but like the idea of being cared for/looked after in a more subtle way, is that something other people experience?

Quote Originally Posted by offsidetrap View Post
    Just joined and wanted to say hello. I've come and gone from a couple of these communities because it's a part of me which causes some confusion. I'm not sure where I fall into all of this, I've always liked to think about wearing nappies/diapers but I've never actually done it nor have I been really compelled to do it. I'd really just like to embrace these urges a bit more because I finding it so confusing being asexual.

I'd also say that I'm not totally in to the idea of being a full on baby but like the idea of being cared for/looked after in a more subtle way, is that something other people experience?
    Hi offsidetrap, and welcome to ADISC. I've found that most people here are pretty friendly, so hopefully you'll find the same and stick around if you want. This is the first ABDL site I've joined, and I'm glad that I did - I struggled with accepting it for a long time, but recently decided that's silly and I should try to accept myself. There's an article about self-acceptance that you might find interesting:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/content/...er-fetish.html

Maybe it's not exactly what you're going through, but you do mention being confused, so maybe it will help.

As for for your other question - before I joined here I mostly identified as a DL (if I was willing to admit it at all), and didn't really get the whole AB thing. I'm starting to understand it, however, and think I agree with you about enjoying more subtle activities, even though what I'm interested in is mostly solitary so far. I'm still fairly closeted about my ABDL side, though, so maybe that will change as I become more open about it and accepting of myself. I guess that's just a long way of saying that the range of AB activities is pretty broad, so if something sounds fun, do it, and if not, don't.

I think there are also some other people here who identify as asexual, so maybe they can chime in if you have more specific questions about that.

What interest do you have other than diapers? Favorite TV show, books, etc? I'm a scifi fan for books, and some nonfiction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    Hi offsidetrap, and welcome to ADISC. I've found that most people here are pretty friendly, so hopefully you'll find the same and stick around if you want. This is the first ABDL site I've joined, and I'm glad that I did - I struggled with accepting it for a long time, but recently decided that's silly and I should try to accept myself. There's an article about self-acceptance that you might find interesting:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/content/...er-fetish.html

Maybe it's not exactly what you're going through, but you do mention being confused, so maybe it will help.

As for for your other question - before I joined here I mostly identified as a DL (if I was willing to admit it at all), and didn't really get the whole AB thing. I'm starting to understand it, however, and think I agree with you about enjoying more subtle activities, even though what I'm interested in is mostly solitary so far. I'm still fairly closeted about my ABDL side, though, so maybe that will change as I become more open about it and accepting of myself. I guess that's just a long way of saying that the range of AB activities is pretty broad, so if something sounds fun, do it, and if not, don't.

I think there are also some other people here who identify as asexual, so maybe they can chime in if you have more specific questions about that.

What interest do you have other than diapers? Favorite TV show, books, etc? I'm a scifi fan for books, and some nonfiction as well.
    Thanks for the reply.

-I understand the AB urge I know exactly where it comes from. I could probably enjoy elements of it, not sure.
    -I actually joined because I was looking up the occurrence of asexuality with AB/DL interests. Interestingly I saw a straw pole which suggested 10% of one community were asexual. It's a little frustrating to think you're in the small segment of a venn-diagram.

Aside from this, I also like a bit of Sci-fi, Philip K Dick mainly and I like non-fiction on philosophy, lucid dreaming etc. My favourite shows are Peep Show, The Office, Extras, Seinfeld, 30 Rock. I like sports mostly football (soccer).

Thanks for the reply.

-I understand the AB urge I know exactly where it comes from. I could probably enjoy elements of it, not sure.
    -I actually joined because I was looking up the occurrence of asexuality with AB/DL interests. Interestingly I saw a straw pole which suggested 10% of one community were asexual. It's a little frustrating to think you're in the small segment of a venn-diagram.

Aside from this, I also like a bit of Sci-fi, Philip K Dick mainly and I like non-fiction on philosophy, lucid dreaming etc. My favourite shows are Peep Show, The Office, Extras, Seinfeld, 30 Rock. I like sports mostly football (soccer).
    If you start drawing enough circles, everyone's going to be in the small segment of some venn diagram . Joking aside, I never thought of it like that before, but I can see how that would be frustrating - the AB/DL circle is plenty small enough for me.

I'm a Phillip K. Dick fan too. I particularly liked A Scanner Darkly - the book, as I've only seen part of the movie. I enjoy reading his books, but he's not an author I can binge on. There are a few others like that, which I find interesting - most of the time if I read something by a new author I like I can (and usually want to) go and read more. But with him I actually want a break before I pick up another book by him.

You're right I think it's just insecurity mixed with a sense of individuality which leads to me thinking that way.

I haven't actually read A Scanner Darkly yet. Only seen the film. My favourite of his I've read has been Ubik. I think it really depends on the book with him, I got really sucked in by some and others (like "The Man In The High Castle" with so many plots and sub-plots) are heavier going.

Yeh love it. Proper armchair manager here. My team are Tottenham but I like watching Italian and German football on ESPN.

Yeh love it. Proper armchair manager here.
    Who isn't these days? Couple of pints and I know how to lead England to a World Cup final.