Thread: New & Referred Member Saying "Hi"

Default New & Referred Member Saying "Hi"

Hi.

My name is Stephen, I got recommended to the forum by a friend of mine I chat with often. I'm an AB in Southern California, just north of Anaheim.

Interest-wise, I'm a big fan of anime and manga (Japanese cartoons/comics), with my No. 1 being the pirate adventure series One Piece by Eiichiro Oda. I also just recently finished watching the series Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and it is awesome.

Besides anime, I like video games. Mostly console RPGs (currently Tales of Vesperia for XBox360. Though I've also recently gotten into World of Warcraft. I'm also fond of surfing the internet, preferred sites being fun webcomics and TVTropes.org.

Finally, I'm an amateur writer. Done some cartoon/anime fanfic, a diaper story, and currently working on original ideas (one of which I'm debating about possibly trying to publish).

I think that covers everything relevant. Hope to have fun in the forums.

so your a writer eh, i know someone you could make really happy. i have a friend who is not an abdl, but still goes to this sight for the story section (and for me). he is recently finding it hard to find good critisism. if you could do that for him (his name is blarg) he could probably help you out with your stories.

welcom to adisc! hope you have a ball.

Criticism quality may depend largely on the type of story in question (I'm more sci-fi/fantasy lover than anything), but I can give it a shot, sure. If nothing else, I can help with any necessary proofreading, a friend and I have done that back and forth with our fanfics frequently.

I have a few friends who are really into anime, we "sample" some animes from time to time, and I'm sure you'd have to agree, it's quite effed up sometimes.
    But not WoW!!! It'll suck out your soul!! O_O
    and ummm, in terms of sci-fi shows: Dr. Who and Eureka: awesome or more awesome?

well your in luck, he writes fantacy. and pritty good ones too when he proofreads his work.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post
    I have a few friends who are really into anime, we "sample" some animes from time to time, and I'm sure you'd have to agree, it's quite effed up sometimes.
    But not WoW!!! It'll suck out your soul!! O_O
    and ummm, in terms of sci-fi shows: Dr. Who and Eureka: awesome or more awesome?
    Haven't seen much of Who, but have liked what I've seen of Eureka. Don't watch television as much as I used to, prefer internet overall.

Yeah, some anime can be quite effed up. Okay... quite a lot... but some of them are effed up in fun or entertaining ways. One possible example is One Piece's current arc, where captain Luffy finds himself stuck on an island of amazons most of which haven't even seen men before. They take Luffy's every action at face value, such as seeking out his beloved Straw Hat before even realizing he was naked at the time as something all men do. Gurren Lagann once had a major bad guy step out of his mecha, walk over to the Good Guy's, and start beating it up bare handed!

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    well your in luck, he writes fantacy. and pritty good ones too when he proofreads his work.
    Sweet.