Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would You As AB/DL Parents...

Question Would You As AB/DL Parents...

...reveal or hide your AB/DL side from your children? This thread kind of rides on the coattails of Kovalchuk's thread about having an AB/DL mate, but the thought popped into my head while replying to his poll. What do you feel would be the proper course to take as parents, keep it hidden or reveal it to them? If you feel it should be revealed, when should it be done? Early as possible in their lives? Wait until teen years? Wait until they're about to go out on their own? Even if you explain to them about what you are early on, would you feel comfortable doing your particular AB/DL *thing* in their presense? Honestly, I need to give this question a bit more thought myself before I can answer.

~Pramrider

Honestly things like AB/DL tendencies shouldn't be mentioned to your kids, period. For the most part it would be the same thing as telling your kid "Hey there, I like bondage, what about you?" Things like that should only be disclosed in dire situations, like if the kid were to have a TB/DL side also, and you found out, or they came out to you. That way you could make them feel more normal. But other than that, like most other fetishes, I'm sure your kid would like it MUCH more if they didn't know lol.

I wouldn't want my son to know about my AB/DL tendencies at all, even though he knows all about my having to wear diapers, and I do it openly in front of him. He's aware of my health issues, so it's no big deal to him, but there's no way I'd ever tell him about my AB/DL-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Honestly things like AB/DL tendencies shouldn't be mentioned to your kids, period.
    That's pretty much the way I was thinking. And if an AB/DL man and woman get married it's sure something they need to discuss and decide on BEFORE children come into their lives, if they plan on raising a family.

The only part I'm still debating mentally is whether I'd sit down and have a discussion with them on the subject when they reached young adult age, or stay silent until the day I died unless they opened up to me first, as you mentioned. Hmmmm....giving it more thought, I'd think the best course is what I do now with them - stay hushed up about it!

~Pramrider

Yes, definetly stay hushed up about it, and even as they grow old, I wouldn't bother with telling them, it's unneccessary info for them. Regardless of age, discussing your parents kinks and fetishes would be an akward subject.

I would have to agree with Ultima, families don't generally discuss their fetishes with each other. I know I wouldn't want to know what my mom and dad's fetishes were, so I figure my children wouldn't want to know what my or my wife's fetishes are.

EDIT: This is also a reason why you don't come out to your parents about your diaper fetish, because I'm sure they want to know your fetishes as much as you want to know theirs.
    Last edited by Jewbacca; 12-Nov-2008 at 02:23. Reason: realized I could make a added point

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post
    I would have to agree with Ultima, families don't generally discuss their fetishes with each other. I know I wouldn't want to know what my mom and dad's fetishes were, so I figure my children wouldn't want to know what my or my wife's fetishes are.
    My point in a nutshell

No. If you have to wear diapers due to incontinence, then and only then it would probably be worth the effort to have you child understand the situation. But wearing diapers for enjoyment, whether it's sexual or not, should not be brought up to your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Does not matter I'm going to kill them ether way.....

*Waits for someone to take it serious even though it is a joke.*
    fits well here too. :/