View Poll Results: What will be the basis of your Christmas Dinner this year?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beef

4 10.00%
  • Pork

8 20.00%
  • Lamb/Mutton

1 2.50%
  • Chicken

1 2.50%
  • Turkey

10 25.00%
  • Goose

0 0%
  • Duck

1 2.50%
  • Fish

3 7.50%
  • Other seafood

0 0%
  • Vegetarian

0 0%
  • Vegan

0 0%
  • Medical diet

0 0%
  • Exotic/unusual (e.g. ostrich, kangaroo, horse, crocodile, dog, snails, etc.)

0 0%
  • Anything not mentioned

9 22.50%
  • Do not celebreate Christmas / Do not have a special Christmas Dinner

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas dinner: what will you be eating?

Question Christmas dinner: what will you be eating?

Well, I just wondered what kind of food everyone is intending/expecting to eat for their Christmas Dinner?

I'm going to buy a huge slab of salmon from the fishmongers for myself... Mmmmmm...

What about you?

My great grandmother was Polish so Christmas is pork, saurkraut, and my favorite cheese perogies.
    Can't wait!

Going to be eating alone, I may "try" to make something. Kinda craving tuna though. It is the only fish I will eat and right now it sounds good.

Found a recipe I might just have to try out, seems easy enough to make. Better have a back-up though in case I fail miserably. Which will most likely be the case, since I have never tried to cook anything like this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html

Turkey roast on Christmas day, and a pork roast when the relatives come over BOOYAH!!!!!!!!

I chose pork on the poll because that is the closest to what we eat and we eat ham which wasn't on the poll. But yeah we always ham and beef. And of course all the side dishes and deserts. Can not wait for Christmas!!!!

We're having a four bird roast, since Charlie's such a meat lover! I'd be quite happy with a normal meal, but what can you do!

My dinner will be a lack of one, entirely. I have an early surgery appointment on the 26th, so I get to have a liquid only diet most of Christmas day.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Naleas View Post
    I chose pork on the poll because that is the closest to what we eat and we eat ham which wasn't on the poll.
    Ham is actually made of pork!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    We're having a four bird roast, since Charlie's such a meat lover! I'd be quite happy with a normal meal, but what can you do!
    Ha! I knew someone would find some kind of food that doesn't fit into any of the categories! What a feast!

I half expected everyone to be having turkey! I'm not a fan myself. It'd a bit dry and... boring... And then I stopped eating meat for a decade or so anyway (which was, if nothing else, a great excuse to avoid the Christmas Day turkey!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    My dinner will be a lack of one, entirely. I have an early surgery appointment on the 26th, so I get to have a liquid only diet most of Christmas day.
    Oh man... that's harsh... Hope the surgery goes well & you can reward yourself with a New Year's Feast instead...

NetballQueen

We are having venison. Well if my dad stops calling it Bambi, otherwise I might not be able to bring myself to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Ha! I knew someone would find some kind of food that doesn't fit into any of the categories! What a feast!

I half expected everyone to be having turkey! I'm not a fan myself. It'd a bit dry and... boring... And then I stopped eating meat for a decade or so anyway (which was, if nothing else, a great excuse to avoid the Christmas Day turkey!).
    Haha I do the best I can to be as awkward as possible!