Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacifier help

Default Pacifier help

Is it bad to tape a pacifier to your mouth for the night

Yes, it's a bad idea. If it's important to you, just practice with it but if it needs to come out of your mouth for any reason, you don't want to prevent that.

ok then how to people make it so they can't sleep with out it

Quote Originally Posted by wiggle View Post
    ok then how to people make it so they can't sleep with out it
    Just keep doing it and eventually you should find it happening, it may take weeks or months but give it time and it will happen.

Try using a MAM. That is all we use and they stay in babies mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by clothbaby View Post
    Try using a MAM. That is all we use and they stay in babies mouth.
    What is a MAM?

My suggestion, get a string, or say, part of a shoelace. And tie it via the "air holes" in the guard. tie it around your neck loosely, so that you can spit it out if you want to, but it won't fall out on it's own. Just loosely in your mouth. (I had issues with my mouth opening while sleeping that it fell out, waking me up.) This means that if you want you can easily spit it out, but it won't fall out on it's own. I do this, and I find it helps a lot. In fact, now that I am more used to it, I dream less and sleep more soundly at night with my paci.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
    My suggestion, get a string, or say, part of a shoelace. And tie it via the "air holes" in the guard. tie it around your neck loosely, so that you can spit it out if you want to, but it won't fall out on it's own. Just loosely in your mouth. (I had issues with my mouth opening while sleeping that it fell out, waking me up.) This means that if you want you can easily spit it out, but it won't fall out on it's own. I do this, and I find it helps a lot. In fact, now that I am more used to it, I dream less and sleep more soundly at night with my paci.
    Would add - If doing this with shoelaces it would be sensible to include a weak link in the loop around your neck, so you can't strangle yourself if you get snagged on anything while you're asleep.!

Paddeduper

If you are using a smaller paci, you might have trouble developing a "seal" with it. If you don't have a seal, youmwillnhave trouble with keeping it in. Invest in a larger paci if you need to