Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farcry 3

Default Farcry 3

Well FarCry 3 is officially release *everywhere* now, I started playing it on my PC last night and i'm pretty impressed with it.

new DX11 based gameplay.

Last edited by Fire2box; 06-Dec-2012 at 04:51.

I havenīt played it myself (yet), but from what Iīve seen so far, it looks... well, just as expected.
    Not bad, not extraordinarily awesome. I might give it a try in a few months, depending on the price.
    Doesnīt seem to be worth 54 euros in my opinion (you canīt even stab a shark... how boring :p).

By the way: Is that how the game looks with highest settings turned on?

I think the game is truly one of the best open-world games, especially of this generation.

I thought the game looked pretty bad right up until release, but decided to pick it up anyway to fill in some time. I was so wrong about it And I'm so glad that I was.

The world, characters, story and gameplay are all pretty superb. And dang, that character development of the main character, that's some impressive stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHare View Post
    I havenīt played it myself (yet), but from what Iīve seen so far, it looks... well, just as expected.
    Not bad, not extraordinarily awesome. I might give it a try in a few months, depending on the price.
    Doesnīt seem to be worth 54 euros in my opinion (you canīt even stab a shark... how boring :p).

By the way: Is that how the game looks with highest settings turned on?
    ::updated the video::

That was in DX9, apparently you have to use the DX11.exe of the game.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 06-Dec-2012 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ::updated the video:: ...
    Ah, I see, much better now ^^

I hope some good mods get made for this game. Looks like a fun game engine to play with.

I just finished the game, there are two endings. You'll easily see the path jason (you) are on from early game as you rack up kills and story missions.

Gator1987

It is amazing so far. The characters and story are well developed, and the gameplay is great so far.

I'll probably wait until the price drops (which won't be long, for some reason anything not released by EA, Blizzard or Microsoft tends to drop to more reasonable prices within a few months. Definitely looks great though, just as Far Cry 2 did (and I still need to finish that one)

I recently got Far Cry 3 for PC. It's fun, but any game with flamethrowers is fun. =p

I'm not sure how close I am to finishing the story, but I have played a lot so far. Maybe after this I will check out Far Cry 2 again. I didn't play much of it.