Thread: What to do with cloth diapers that have become too big after weight loss, and associated loss of belly fat?

Default What to do with cloth diapers that have become too big after weight loss, and associated loss of belly fat?

Hi guys. Currently I live in a home for adults with special needs. I am not incontinent, I just want to wear diapers so I can feel like a big non-PT toddler/preschool child (my AB persona is 2 1/2 to 3 years of age, and at that point in my real life I was still diapered - even though that was my first of two years of preschool). I don't have any diapers yet but when I do get some, while still living in this home, the diapers will be disposable (and I plan to buy the disposables from AB Universe). However when I move out I will make the transition to cloth. My problem is, although I'm not "overweight" in terms of the number on the scale, I do have plenty of belly fat that I suspect I will lose after I move to my own residence. So, at first my cloth diapers, which I plan on purchasing from Baby Pants, Adult Size Baby Products (well, the diapers and plenty of other baby/toddler stuff) will be the "large" size as I have a waistline of approximately 35" (yeah, I know, extreme - that's why I'm buying exercise equipment when I get my own place lol), but I plan on getting my waist down to about 24". I won't need new plastic pants but my contour diapers will be too big and I may actually have to have a custom order filled for properly fitting new ones. My question is once I have the smaller contour diapers what to do with the big ones that no longer fit? Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance for your help!

24 inches?? That is crazy small. Honestly, going from 35 inches to around 31-32 would be a very significant and noticeable drop. I would hardly call a 35'' waist extreme. You should buy diapers that fit now. If you become so toned and slim that they no longer fit later on, you can celebrate with some new diapers then. Just set yourself achievable goals and don't get too wrapped up in body image.

Yeah 24 inches is crazy small, like you'll be hard pressed to find any random passer by that fits that description.

I think 24 inches is almost baby-diaper small. In any event, the limiting factor is likely to be hip size, not waist - and 35" is not extreme.

Uh buy prefold or flatfold cloth diaper sthat way you can fold them differently and continue to wear them. Problem solved!

and going from 38 to 24 is grossly unhealthy, very few woman have a 24 inch waist, ou'd be anorexic

Also very few women are 5 feet tall lol. Sorry should have mentioned my height in my original post A 24" waist is actually VERY healthy, if just a tad on the skinny side (which is how I like it.), IF you're 5 feet tall. Also I currently weigh 120lbs but want to get down to 100.

What make you think you will lose weight when you move out?

Cloth diapers are usually ajustable to a few sizes. If you use prefold, then there is no problem. Only your diaper cover will change.

The only exercise I'm capable of where I live now is walking, which I do plenty of already. Once I move out I plan to buy an exercise bike and possibly a TreadClimber. We have no exercise machines at this home.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    Yeah 24 inches is crazy small, like you'll be hard pressed to find any random passer by that fits that description.
    Mine is 25 inches so I'm pretty damn close. Diapers can be a bit of a pain since small brands are being phased out by a lot of companies but I make do quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by memorychick View Post
    The only exercise I'm capable of where I live now is walking, which I do plenty of already. Once I move out I plan to buy an exercise bike and possibly a TreadClimber. We have no exercise machines at this home.
    Do sit ups if you're desperate, exercise machines can be could but you can easily do exercise without them.

Yes, being cloth, you can fold them in on themselves. You may need the longer diaper pins and those are hard to get through the cloth. You're supposed to put soap on the pin to help them slip through the fabric, which would not be thicker if folded.