Thread: Help with Crafty Ideas making a Xmas present for a girlfriend

Default Help with Crafty Ideas making a Xmas present for a girlfriend

Dear ADISC I need your help!!!

Trying to do something outside the normal. I'm trying to create, build, craft a present to my girlfriend for chirstmas. I understand the whole buying craze that everyone is into dont get me wrong.

Honestly I would like to give something to her that came from the heart and even if its imperfect its the time and effort put into it that I want to count. She isn't really meterialistic and dosen't want expensive things.

The problem is I don't want to come across cheap and my financial situation isn't the greatest after all the bills at the end of the month.

So with that these are the ideas that I have so far....Need more ideas!

1. Cashable coupons, One free massage, walk on the beach etc.

2. Custom T-shirt with our picture on it (or something similar)

3. Craft/build a matching necklace and earrings and bracelet

4. Build and sew together a teddy bear (need tutorials)

5. Draw and paint a picture on canvas ( im a good artist )

This is all of the ideas that I can come up with, This is were I need your help! Please help me come up with some creative ideas! Maybe this can help someone else out too who is looking to do something similar

Ok, it would probably help to know what she's into, and how old she is.

I like your idea of making a necklace and earrings for her! I'd really appreciate something like that Unfortunately my fiance isn't very crafty!

She is 23, and likes jewelry clothing scarfs purses likes marvel comics and video games into nature hiking stuff like that

Ah, depending on how big you want it, I could potentially make you a pattern to make her a stuffed animal. If there are any characters or such that she likes, or any animals in particular, I could come up with a pattern and let you know how to sew it up.
    :3

You could always build her a jewelry box, or even just go to somewhere like Michaels or AC Moore and buy one of those pre-done wood boxes in the wood section, and paint it up and customize it for her. Or you could get a large branch or the like, whittle it down and carve her name or something special into it, stain it, and give it to her as her own personal walking stick. Me mum and I have a few of these we made, and they only take a few hours to do.

I'd go with the jewellery, or the painting....AND...the coupons.....you can't go wrong with those ideas.

The stuffed toy sounds like a good idea, but you have to factor in the cost of fabric, stuffing, eyes/noses, and the fact that you apparently have no idea how to make one. Oh, and let's not forget that Christmas is only 17 days away. This is probably not the best time to try a new skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    I'd go with the jewellery, or the painting....AND...the coupons.....you can't go wrong with those ideas.

The stuffed toy sounds like a good idea, but you have to factor in the cost of fabric, stuffing, eyes/noses, and the fact that you apparently have no idea how to make one. Oh, and let's not forget that Christmas is only 17 days away. This is probably not the best time to try a new skill.
    >< thanks for the reminder of how soon it'll be christmas... and yeah I'd agree, trying out a new skill wouldn't be the most advisable thing, not impossible if you pour lots of attention into it over the next 17 days though.
    You could make her a marvel ornament, like say the marvel logo and then get it covered like this: http://c590893.r93.cf2.rackcdn.com/i...Wallet_500.jpg that's always a thought.

A quick search on the net came up with this
    Teddy Bear tutorial and pattern
    It doesn't look too hard. I think she will love that you put in the effort to make it yourself.
    Good luck