Thread: Overactive Bladder

Default Overactive Bladder

So I have an overactive bladder, this is pretty obvious because there are times I will have to go to the restroom over 15 times a day. The thing here is there are two options that I have really, I can either go to the doctor and get medication to fix it..or go back to diapers a lot more often.

I guess that the obvious answer is I should see a doctor, but on the other hand having to wet a diaper a lot..is a pretty..good thing sometimes

drynyte

Try the best of both... I went to the doctor as it is not a healthy situation. The urodynamic test proved I had an OAB, as my bladder contracts before the other muscles relax.
    We tried Toviaz first, without results. It is now better with Vesicare, a normal frequency (unfortunately the same frequency during the night) but still urges. That is why I wear pants during the day as a security measure (still about 1-2 accidents per month) and briefs during the night (about 5-10 bedwetting accidents per month, the rest are controlled wettings to avoid insomnia)

Go to doctor. I have a rare bladder condition that stated with going like 15-20 times a day. Now it is like 200 times a day. I have this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_cystitis ... Not fun...

Did wearing diapers cause it? I find I have to go a lot but not 15 times a day. I never counted. Wearing diapers I don't have to worry about always having to go and I feel urges to go less often when I wear them.

There are other possible factors which would necessitate seeing a doctor. Having frequent urination is a symptom of diabetes. Perhaps you are talking about something very different, but if you are frequently thirsty and drinking, and headed to the bathroom often, that is a big sign that you are diabetic. See a doctor.

I have an overactive bladder, with frequency and urgency issues, i also retain urine after peeing. Over time the situation has got worse and for the last year i have worn diapers 24/7. I have peed my bed again nearly every night for the past four or so years, one off accidents before this. I have wetting accidents several times a day, sometimes on the way to the toilet, sometimes after i have peed, and more frequently i am just starting to pee myself with little or no warning. Even thought i sometimes reach the toilet, my urologist now says i am officially incontinent.

There are other possible factors which would necessitate seeing a doctor. Having frequent urination is a symptom of diabetes. Perhaps you are talking about something very different, but if you are frequently thirsty and drinking, and headed to the bathroom often, that is a big sign that you are diabetic. See a doctor.
    If you are male, this can also be a prostate problem. I have dealt with prostate problems and so have a few others I know. Sometimes they resolve on their own and flare up occasionally but it's best to head to a doctor before you self medicate your problem with diapers. Be honest with the doctor about what's going on and possibly seek diagnose/treatment from alternative health doctors if your budget permits. That's just my personal experience but frequent urination as mentioned in my above quote can be a symptom of other diseases, so make sure you take track of other symptoms which may be present such as fatigue, sexual function, depression, anxiety, bowel movements ect... Best of luck
    Last edited by goodnitess; 06-Dec-2012 at 08:41. Reason: Didn't quote...