Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abdl and IC

Default Abdl and IC

I have a question for some of the incontinent folks. Is there an awareness of abdl in the wider community. And if so, how are we viewed? Also I know there are abdls who end up incontinent, but are there any ic people who fall into abdl after they start using diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I have a question for some of the incontinent folks. Is there an awareness of abdl in the wider community. And if so, how are we viewed?
    I'm failing to find the thread (it was fairly recent -- dang it!), but an IC member recently mentioned that he/she had sought counseling regarding the stresses of being IC, and had been directed to investigate AB/DL as a coping strategy, which I thought was fascinating.

And yes, though I'm not IC myself, I can say with confidence that there is awareness of AB/DL in the broader IC community. While investigating cloth diapering options, I many times found myself reading threads and product reviews on several IC forums. References to AB/DL were not uncommon. One that particularly stands out was a discussion about Bambino diapers, wherein several members "confessed" to using them (but only the non-printed ones) because their performance was superior to straight-up incontinence diapers. I found that mildly amusing, but totally reasonable. Most references to AB/DL took the form of "those people," or somewhat more derogatory terms, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Most references to AB/DL took the form of "those people," or somewhat more derogatory terms, unfortunately.
    I sort of suspected that attitude . It's understandable that they would resent someone who relishes in something they are forced to cope with and hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I sort of suspected that attitude . It's understandable that they would resent someone who relishes in something they are forced to cope with and hate.
    Indeed, it is quite understandable!

If you have ever browsed any support sites for ICs or bed wetters online, you have probably come across one or two posts by some DL looking for a thrill. These sites are aware of such things and work very hard to keep them off their site. The internet has increased our radar presence, and our reputation has generally been determined by the less respectable members of our ilk.

When I first became IC, I was googling for quality nappies in the UK and one of the first sites I found was Cuddlz. Then I was looking for an active forum for IC support and found ADISC, so I found the ABDL community fairly quickly. I would think most IC folks who are active on the internet would know about ABDL. I don't forsee me becoming AB in any way; the idea of regression to childhood just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, but I do feel that I'm creeping inth DL.

my impression of the wider IC community is that of extremes:
    there are the shockingly liberal (to my mind, anyway) and the offended grumps.
    i don't begrudge the grumps for feeling how they do, but knowing how they may react badly to any thought of *b/dl-ism makes me wary of plugging certain suppliers, if they've not specfically stated that they're 'ab/dl aware'.

Countdown

am not IC, but from what i understand, the IC community does not take too kindly to AB/DLs...

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    When I first became IC, I was googling for quality nappies in the UK and one of the first sites I found was Cuddlz. Then I was looking for an active forum for IC support and found ADISC, so I found the ABDL community fairly quickly. I would think most IC folks who are active on the internet would know about ABDL. I don't forsee me becoming AB in any way; the idea of regression to childhood just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, but I do feel that I'm creeping inth DL.
    It's quite understandable you wouldn't necessarily have AB tendencies, because those of us who do, and aren't IC, probably have these AB desires because of something which happened in our childhood, something which you wouldn't share from your life experiences. You are IC which is altogether different. I find it interesting that there are a number of IC members on this site who accept the wide majority of us who simply enjoy wearing diapers, and some, like myself, who enjoy regression. I appreciate our IC members and I think it is a wonderful thing that we all get along, and that we support one another. In some ways, we only have diapers in common, and yet we have a lot more which we share as a brother/sisterhood.

It's sad that there are diaper trolls who go on IC sites and make us look like total idiots, and worse. It's no wonder genuinely incontinent people resent them and thus the rest of us, with a passion. I'm sure I would.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It's sad that there are diaper trolls who go on IC sites and make us look like total idiots, and worse. It's no wonder genuinely incontinent people resent them and thus the rest of us, with a passion. I'm sure I would.
    they are not trolls; they are catfish (i.e., someone pretending to be someone he is not on the internet)... catfishism may come about for a multitude of reasons, but one primary reason in the occurrence of ab/dl catfishism is sexual gratification... it is sexually gratifying for some people, i suspect, to pretend to be incontinent online... these people also tend to hate themselves & wish they could be someone else, i suspect... i think you find catfish in all areas of the internet, but it is quite prevalent in the ab/dl community...