Thread: I'm sure this has been asked before...

Default I'm sure this has been asked before...

I'm sure this has been asked before but I still thought it'd be okay to ask. So a couple days ago I mentioned that I have a day off coming up and I wanted ideas for ways to make the experience of being little even better.

Well now i'm thinking I will buy my first paci and bottle (YAY) but i'm seriously wondering, should I go to the store and buy them in person or just buy them online?

For me I have a relatively small mouth so a real baby paci probably could work for me (albeit one of the larger ones)... But my real concern is that no matter how many times I've bought diapers in person I've always kinda freaked out in the store and gotten really nervous inside, and I don't want to feel like that when I buy my paci and bottle. So I guess my other question is, if I do go buy them in person, how odd do you think people would think it is for a 19 year old to be buying a paci and a bottle (ordering my diapers online ) at a store?

Mix them in with other items. Snacks, sodas, or anything else you might need. That should draw thr attention away from the paci's or bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Mix them in with other items. Snacks, sodas, or anything else you might need. That should draw thr attention away from the paci's or bottles.
    I find apple juice to be a compatible extra item...it's plausible... At 19, you probably don't have a pacifier toddler of your own...but you could be picking up for someone else... Otherwise, do it online??

Thanks for the ideas buying more than just my paci and bottle should help.
    @Marka, Drat and I already bought my apple juice (well cider but I love Gala Apple Cider, that stuff is amazing... and I think it'll be the first thing I try in a bottle ) to be honest i'll probably end up having to buy more this week.

went alot easier than I was fearing on the inside... went virtually unnoticed until I ran into an old friend of mine/coach of mine who was at the store. Luckily all I had in my hands at that time were some Cheezits and a movie XD *whew
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-Dec-2012 at 04:09. Reason: merging posts.

The more you do this stuff, the more you learn that nobody cares :0

For all they know, you're buying it for your little brother, or your child, or who knows.

At 19, you could easily be mistaken for a young father. There are a lot of males who don't go to college, and become fathers right after high school. You would be part of a large group. Conversely, I looked very young for many years, and by the time my kids were in junior high/high school, and I was buying diapers and plastic pants, I still got comments about buying for my baby. I just said yes. Matronly women at registers love young fathers...sigh. I might add, I could fit into cloth baby diapers and Gerber toddler sized plastic pants.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbaby View Post
    The more you do this stuff, the more you learn that nobody cares :0

For all they know, you're buying it for your little brother, or your child, or who knows.
    Yeah I know hahaha I'm fine with going to get diapers... well almost fine. I don't do it regularly. But this was a first for me, my first paci and bottle so overjoyed to have them now! i'll post a pic of what I got. Now if only I didn't have to wait to get to work on using them :/

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    At 19, you could easily be mistaken for a young father. There are a lot of males who don't go to college, and become fathers right after high school. You would be part of a large group. Conversely, I looked very young for many years, and by the time my kids were in junior high/high school, and I was buying diapers and plastic pants, I still got comments about buying for my baby. I just said yes. Matronly women at registers love young fathers...sigh. I might add, I could fit into cloth baby diapers and Gerber toddler sized plastic pants.
    Thats a good point, I kept thinking about that at the store... especially with how many people i've seen who went down that road. Thats awesome though that you could do that

Quote Originally Posted by WittleHirvi View Post
    So I guess my other question is, if I do go buy them in person, how odd do you think people would think it is for a 19 year old to be buying a paci and a bottle (ordering my diapers online ) at a store?
    As others have said, the pressure is mostly internal. People will just think that your mom sent you out to buy it for your baby brother or something.

If you're nervous, I recommend putting in an mp3 player and blasting metal/90s-gangsta-rap or some other aggressive style music, and treating it like mission impossible. Go in, pick out what you want quickly, go straight to the register, and get the hell out of there.

Paddeduper

Christmas is coming. This gives the perfect opportunity to buy ANY item with a very solid excuse. If you had been asked about the paci/bottle, just say your sister just had a baby and wants baby stuff for Christmas yada yada yada. Another method of shrugging off diaper buying if the cashier asks, just say your grandmother is sick from a certain drug. Believe me, they will feel more awkward then you. I find lies such as these OK as frankly, it's none of their business. You are also still being a friendly person so they continue having a good day at work.

Zpeed

Buy anything at store, even diapers
    None will care, unless you know them of course :p