Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best concert you've been to?

Default What's the best concert you've been to?

Like the title says, whats the best concert you've ever been to? My personal best was definately Iron Maiden. I saw them over the summer at Jiffy Lube Live in Virginia, and it. Was. AWSOME!

My all time favourite concert was the street party at new year in edinburgh 3 years ago. The Madness played, with the Noisettes supporting.

I'd bought my tickets months before, but the entire week leading up to it I had a horrific cold. I ended up just managing to drag myself out of bed to go, but I was thoroughly miserable. But once I got there the atmosphere and music and excitement got to me. I honestly had the time of my life that night, and managed to have a nip of whisky and some shortbread at the bells!

I did end up in hospital the next morning - which is never a pleasant place to be the morning after Hogmanay, but honestly it was the best concert ever - totally worth a hospital stay!

And I was so surprised how hard The Madness were rocking it, considering their advanced years!

I've, sadly, never been to what I would consider a 'real' concert. I was at a music fest 2 years ago and saw some Christian bands play but that was 100% not my cup of tea. I did enjoy the musical environment though. I've also heard some lesser-known local bands while I played shows with them when I was still in a band, but those were FAR from concerts.

I would love to see a tool concert though, or something with lamb of god.

Alestorm at The Cellar in Southampton back in February, had a bug of some sort the day before and felt like shit throughout the day but I still went down and had an absolute blast. Everyone was friendly as hell, the bands were all excellent and Alestorm could not have put on a better show with an excellent set list and some good and genuine banter to the crowd. After that they went down to the bar to hang out with people and they were just proper nice, I had to get a bus home so I couldn't spend a lot of time there but I did get in a chat with the bassist before the show which was awesome. Would recommend them and will definitely see them at the next available moment.

Default What's the best concert you've been to?

I went to the Sunday of Reading Festival this year. But for me the best performance wasn't Bullet, who were fucking insane (mosh pits!), or the Foo Fighters. It was the Joy Formidable. Their performance was so beautiful, seeing their pure, and undiluted passion and love for their art and being able to share it with people. I cried watching them perform, it was one of, if not the, most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by theQman View Post
    Like the title says, whats the best concert you've ever been to? My personal best was definately Iron Maiden. I saw them over the summer at Jiffy Lube Live in Virginia, and it. Was. AWSOME!
    I've seen Iron Maiden at Jiffy Lube Live (on that tour with Dream Theater, who were pretty boring), and my experience was so fucking horrid that I will never see any band at that venue ever again. It rained, my ticket got soaked, staff refused to let me go to my seats. I watched from the lawn, in the rain. Fuck that.

Anyway, Overkill put on the best live show I've ever seen. Close second was Fates Warning on their Parallels reunion tour.

LOL im really sorry to hear that. Other than the drunk asshole in front of me blocking my view and the drunk guy next to who tried to get me to headbang in the middle of Aces High, I had a great experience

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones opening for the Dropkick Murphys at Fenway Park.

Only proper gig I've ever been to was Enter Shikari in 2009 which was amazing, and I saw Architects once too, but Shikari's definitely the best I've been to.