Every one needs a good camp out
The ADISC Camp, if it were to exist, and things regarding it. Who knows, maybe it'll lead to a real gathering.
1. We'd have to decide if we really want TBs and ABs, cause obviously that be a little complicated.
2. Would we arrange it by fantasy age or real age? Logically, you'd want 18 year olds with 18 year olds. But also logically, you'd want 3 three year olds in three year old styled rooms.
3. Could we have a staff of volunteers who would "take care of" our younger ones? Including but not limiting to changing and feeding?
4. Age limits? I mean we love to be kids, but I'm thinking anyone under 5 would be good for playing purposes.
5. If you have not checked out the RP "ADISC Nursery" thread, than you should. I think it should be organized exactly like that. Baby, toddler, etc.
6. We'd have to bring our own diapers/w/e but we'd want to start a pool to get diapers for those who can't afford them or w/e the case may be.
7. There'd need to be a system to keep certain unsafe partipants out. Zero tolorance for "real world childs play," if that makes sense. A background check of sorts.
8. Somewhere we can be safe (There are many camps in California, I like Woodleaf, but it's a Christian camp and because we make diapers our idols, that could be weird........(it's a problem for me fyi)........)
9> Regimented play schedule. 8:00 breakfast. 9:00 small groups (age groups) Learning and playing until 11 or 12 for lunch. Then some type of activty until dinner, more small groups, and naturally a good ole fashioned campfire song.
Than maybe 10ish or earlier we go to bed. Offer the chance for people to bring strollers/cribs/highchairs/bottles/etc/etc. It would take a huge effort for everyone to partcipate.
The ultimate goal would be a Friday Night, Saturday, Sunday morning, type getaway for a weekend. We can divide into UK, West US, East US, North, South US, etc, with a larger gathering once a year with all of them available. ALSO; THE GOAL SHOULD BE TO KEEP COSTS AT A MINIMUM. I say less than 100 is a good target.
So, kids, tell me what you think? Odds are it may never happen, but it could. It could. It would have to be extremely well thought out , and I think so far what I have is a decent start.
So, talk away!
I' go to Christian retreats a lot and the system can be applied exactly the same . I actually hope one day to get to organize youth camps regularly.