Thread: Hi there

Default Hi there

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im new to this and this is my first post on a forum ever so im referring to the turotial and i hope this goes ok.

Im a college stundent and am majoring in mechanical Engineering. I also work part time in retail.

I came here mainly for info but also to maybe be part of something and embrace the part of me that no one knows about.

My favorite thing to do in my spare time is ride Dirt Bikes and as you can tell from my name, i love to ride in the deserts of southern california, although i live in Norcal. I also love to go camping and four-wheeling. I also love photorgraphy and playing my xbox. I also have many other hobbies but too many to list

The main thing i want to get out of this site is information and i also just want a place to know i can get good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRider711 View Post
    Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im new to this and this is my first post on a forum ever so im referring to the turotial and i hope this goes ok.

Im a college stundent and am majoring in mechanical Engineering. I also work part time in retail.

I came here mainly for info but also to maybe be part of something and embrace the part of me that no one knows about.

My favorite thing to do in my spare time is ride Dirt Bikes and as you can tell from my name, i love to ride in the deserts of southern california, although i live in Norcal. I also love to go camping and four-wheeling. I also love photorgraphy and playing my xbox. I also have many other hobbies but too many to list

The main thing i want to get out of this site is information and i also just want a place to know i can get good advice.
    Hi DesertRider711 - welcome! Good intro post, too. I'm also from California, near the bay area. I was a Computer Science major in school, and am now a programmer. I enjoy making things, though, so sometimes I wish I had taken a few mechanical engineering classes. I enjoy soldering and electronics, and have wanted to get into metal fabrication, but the expense of a lathe, tooling, etc has stopped me so far. I'm somewhat into photography as well - what do you like taking pictures of?

I was (and still am, I suppose) a fairly closeted DL - I'm still working on the whole self-acceptance thing. I joined when I decided that fighting my DL side was silly, and it was better to accept it. My plan had been to lurk, but looking at my post count I guess that didn't really happen.

Most everyone here is pretty friendly, so if you have any questions, ask away.

Hi and welcome. I think you will enjoy this site, as we are a community, which is something I enjoy. Though I don't ride a motorcycle, I enjoy getting out on my Trek bike and ride the trails. I live in central Virginia and we are surrounded by the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains, and the trail crosses the historic James River, so it's a nice ride. I've camped out in Canada for many years, fishing and having fun with the family.

We discuss almost everything on this site, as well as wearing diapers, so I think you will find your niche. We all do.

Thanks. I'm from the Sacramento area so not too far. And I considered the computer side but I found that I prefer the more hands on-ness of Mechanical, if that makes sense. And I'm interested in metal working too. I enjoying welding and fabricating things and I just finished building a motorcycle trailer And for the photography, I mostly enjoy taking pictures of landscapes and cars, but also enjoy the occasional portrait pics.

I'm still learning how to post and stuff but this reply was meant for LittleAcorn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hi and welcome. I think you will enjoy this site, as we are a community, which is something I enjoy. Though I don't ride a motorcycle, I enjoy getting out on my Trek bike and ride the trails. I live in central Virginia and we are surrounded by the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains, and the trail crosses the historic James River, so it's a nice ride. I've camped out in Canada for many years, fishing and having fun with the family.

We discuss almost everything on this site, as well as wearing diapers, so I think you will find your niche. We all do.
    Thanks for the Welcome. I also enjoy biking but just couldn't afford to really get into it because of all the hobbies, but I still manage to get out on my cheap Walmart bikes sometimes since there aren't a lot of dirt bike riding areas close by. And I have basically been camping all my life and truly enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
    Thanks. I'm from the Sacramento area so not too far. And I considered the computer side but I found that I prefer the more hands on-ness of Mechanical, if that makes sense. And I'm interested in metal working too. I enjoying welding and fabricating things and I just finished building a motorcycle trailer And for the photography, I mostly enjoy taking pictures of landscapes and cars, but also enjoy the occasional portrait pics.

I'm still learning how to post and stuff but this reply was meant for LittleAcorn
    Welding looks fun too - there was actually a recent thread about it in the off-topic forum. Building a trailer sounds useful - was there anything special you had to do to get it registered with the DMV? I'm not quite sure how the title transfer process would work if you make it, but I'm sure there has to be a way.

I was mostly into sports photography when I was in college. That seems easier to me than landscapes and portraits, since there are fewer decisions to make - the emphasis is more on just getting a decent shot, and a bit less on composition/etc.

Nice to see there's other(s) in Sacramento. I'm very closeted, but have loved diapers since as long as I can remember...the first experience I remember since I was a baby was 7 years old. I do not let the DL side of me consume me...at all.