Thread: RIP Larry Hagman

Default RIP Larry Hagman

Larry Hagman, the man behind iconic villain JR Ewing, dies - CNN.com

Hopefully you'll stay dead this time. (joking, I hated hearing about Dallas though.)

He was pretty good on Jeanie though. What the hell happened to his looks though?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    He was pretty good on Jeanie though.
    yeah, i'll be looking forward to some of his older stuff being on telly.......but not Dallas.
    the news is actually a bit of a shock considering that he's been over here plugging the new Dallas, recently. i mean, he looked old, but you'd also have expected him to have been given a clean bill of health to undertake such work duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    He was pretty good on Jeanie though. What the hell happened to his looks though?
    I'll remember his character on Jeannie the most...never really got into Dallas. Man, hard to believe "Jeannie" goes all the way back to my teen years. How time gets away from you as you get older.

I've noticed over the years that some actors and actresses who were handsome/gorgeous in earlier years of their career kind of fell apart in their later years. Some do keep their looks in their senior years, but it seems more don't than do.

~Pramrider

Jeannie was a way better show than Dallas's soap opera like offerings. There was a lot of controversy over his liver transplant, few heavy drinkers get on the short list like he did but for all the enjoyment he gave the world I think he deserved it.

I saw him in "Jeanie" but never watched "Dallas" which I thought was just a soap opera. I also saw in the news where he became an alcoholic after the Dallas days were over, and that he had a liver transplant. You may recall that Mickey Mantel also got a liver transplant even though he too was an alcoholic. If you have money and fame, you go to the front of the line.