Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you start getting in the Christmas spirit?

Default When do you start getting in the Christmas spirit?

I will not deny, I absolutely loath anything Christmas related until my birthday has passed at the end of the month. The radio at work has been switched off because I refuse to listen to Christmas songs in November.

I swear, I went into town last month and already the majority of shops already were decorating for Christmas...in October!!!

So when do you all begin to get into the Christmas spirit? For me, its December 1st.

Supersam1223

Default When do you start getting in the Christmas spirit?

Not until about the 20th of December. Christmasy stuff doesn't do anything for me, really. I'm more interested in spending time with my family, than all of the superficial commercial crap.

Often it's maybe a week or two after Christmas. Sometimes not at all, although I do enjoy getting to see certain relatives that I wouldn't otherwise. It's a mixed bag for me but I try to get the best out of it and not be a grouch about it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by tkuk View Post
    I swear, I went into town last month and already the majority of shops already were decorating for Christmas...in October!!!
    Oh christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, It's not even Halloween.

When my house is decorated, there's snow on the ground, late night with a fire going seeing old christmas specials on TV. That's when it will feel like Christmas to me.

Never! A holiday that brings up horrible memories from my youth that I do not celebrate.

I get into the spirit around Thanksgiving, as that officially brings in the season. I'm a church musician, so the first Sunday of Advent really brings it in. My Christmas music is more eclectic, including more church related music, as well as Windom Hill's Winter Solstice collections, Narada collections, some Bach cantatas, Handel's Messiah, and Ralph Vaughn Williams "Hodie".

PullupKid

For me, December 1st. Before that, I think "BUT IT'S NOT EVEN DECEMBER!!!"

It bothers me that all this commercial crap starts way before halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by tkuk
    When do you start getting in the Christmas spirit?
    as soon as the bottle's opened [hic]

to be honest, it all depends on how much money i've got. if i've got the money to participate, then i'll be into the [giving] spirit as soon as i start shopping.
    otherwise, it's a case of whomever happens to drag me into the spirit on the day (yes, xmas day) or not.

I tend to get in the christmas spirit after my birthday (Nov 28th). I find it ridiculous that some stores decorate for christmas even before they decorate for halloween! It's unreal just how corporate this holiday has become. I laugh when people I know ask for thousands of dollars worth of goodies every Christmas, and I just ask for continued contributions to my education fund.

My parents do usually give me things for christmas that I can use though. I usually get a bit of pocket money, some deoderant and other toiletries, a cd or two. Stuff like that.