Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found out, not sure what to do now

Default Found out, not sure what to do now

Tonight my mom just randomly brought up the fact that I had a pair of angry birds pajamas in my dresser and asked if I had "that thing adults have that makes them want to be babies" and I just have no clue what to do now. I couldn't even reply back. Now the last time she's actually found anything was almost 8 years or so ago (that I know of, if she has she hasn't said anything) and it wasn't anything ab related (pajamas, etc). So I don't know what prompted her to just look now and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Well, what are the pajamas like? Are they clearly little kid like or something? I've seen Angry Birds pajamas in the mens' dept. before, so if you want to deny it, just tell her you really like Angry Birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Tonight my mom just randomly brought up the fact that I had a pair of angry birds pajamas in my dresser and asked if I had "that thing adults have that makes them want to be babies" and I just have no clue what to do now. I couldn't even reply back. Now the last time she's actually found anything was almost 8 years or so ago (that I know of, if she has she hasn't said anything) and it wasn't anything ab related (pajamas, etc). So I don't know what prompted her to just look now and I'm not sure where to go from here.
    I'd reply "would you want to know if I did?" and take it from there.

My mom was drunk on the phone once and asked to what extent I use diapers and I pretty much said that and she dropped it.

Well, if you are a normal person then you gave away the answer already :P Time to have a talk with her. Jammies are not enough to say that on its own, I think she remembers other things as well.

Yes, I think she was using the pajamas to bring up the past, and she was probably concerned. All parents want their children to be happy and well adjusted, and infantilism doesn't fit into that norm. I think I would reassure her that you are happy and living a reasonably well adjusted life, unless that's not true. In that case, her concerns might be well founded, and seeking help might be in order.

Sure sounds like she's been onto this for some time. No way Angry Bird PJs would prompt a question like that. I think you need to decide whether or not to come clean with her, and to what extent you want share this with her. Really only you will know whether this is a good idea or not. If she loves you, she'll cope with what you tell her...not necessarily want to support it, but I seriously doubt she'd disown you or anything. Just prepare yourself well, know what you want, and need to say, and only discuss what absolutely needs to be discussed...information overload would not be good. I'll bet she's been checking this out on the net anyway. Good luck...you must be feeling pretty weird right now, I don't envy you, and hope that things go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    How would she get this from pajamas? Perhaps she has also seen your diapers, in which case this would make more sense.

You are 24 years old and it is a bit odd that she would even be concerned with your private interests, not to mention that there is an obvious issue with privacy here.

When I was a kid my mom discovered used diapers and I could not answer despite some pretty tough interrogation from both mom and dad. As an adult things are different because you should have a reasonable right to privacy.

You could just open up but then there is a risk that it will not go well. Perhaps you could ask her if it would be a problem if you had that kind of interest. Just know that you will need to be prepared to deal with questions and bad assumptions.

I'm running different things through my head on what to do. I just don't even know where to begin if I do bring it up to her. What I really want to know though is why she was even going through my stuff in the first place. That's the big thing I have. But that's going to lead into all this so yea, not sure where to even start.

I would want some angry birds pj's even I wasn't o.o

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes, I think she was using the pajamas to bring up the past, and she was probably concerned. All parents want their children to be happy and well adjusted, and infantilism doesn't fit into that norm. I think I would reassure her that you are happy and living a reasonably well adjusted life, unless that's not true. In that case, her concerns might be well founded, and seeking help might be in order.

When there are diapers or any baby items, the parents think something is wrong and think the child doesn't want to grow up because they don't feel ready to be an adult. Or they think something is bothering them and they are regressing.

It's an alien concept to lot of people and they don't understand why someone would want to wear a diaper and still be fine. Also they may try and fix whatever is bothering them because they think they will drop the diapers when they are over whatever was giving them problems.

Honestly I think we all make excuses for our reasons to wear like "Oh I had a stressful day at work" "Oh things have been very stressful lately so I feel better when I am wearing a diaper" because we will never get over this so therefore these are all just excuses. It may just come and go too where we get tired of it and then it comes back. But we like wearing them and that is all to it. I can say I am wearing them because my bladder leaks but that is just an excuse because I can just wear a pad. I don't need a diaper for that.
    Last edited by Calico; 23-Nov-2012 at 23:58.