Thread: I finally found them!

Default I finally found them!

People on this site have mentioned several times before that they have noticed that Depends maximum protection is disappearing from a lot of stores near them. That isn't really an issue for people who can order online, but for people like me who can only go to local stores, that is bad. I know that Depend aren't really great diapers but they "do the job" under the circumstances. I only had luck with finding the kind with 2 tabs for a while, and then the grocery store I always went to for them stopped selling them. ( and because it is the only store around here with a self checkout). I was close to losing hope for finding decent diapers nearby when I happened upon a small local pharmacy, and they were carrying, amongst other cheap brands, Depends max protection! I was so excited as I have never gotten the 3 tab kind before, so I quickly forgot my phobia of purchasing diapers from actual cashiers and got them. When I opened the pack I noticed yet another thing I haven't been able to experience yet: they are plastic backed! I am soooo happy right now and this is exactly what I needed.

I have noticed that up here in Canada a lot of the major grocery stores (Safeway, Save on, and Shoppers) dont carry them anymore. However, I did notice the local Pharmasave still carries them. So it seems like smaller stores are now carrying them.

Exactly! The grocery store I was referring to is Stop and Shop, and of course, in North America, they are a huge company. This was just a tiny no name pharmacy in the town right next door.

Better go back and buy the rest of them before there gone.

Quote Originally Posted by NonAn0n View Post
    People on this site have mentioned several times before that they have noticed that Depends maximum protection is disappearing from a lot of stores near them. That isn't really an issue for people who can order online, but for people like me who can only go to local stores, that is bad. I know that Depend aren't really great diapers but they "do the job" under the circumstances. I only had luck with finding the kind with 2 tabs for a while, and then the grocery store I always went to for them stopped selling them. ( and because it is the only store around here with a self checkout). I was close to losing hope for finding decent diapers nearby when I happened upon a small local pharmacy, and they were carrying, amongst other cheap brands, Depends max protection! I was so excited as I have never gotten the 3 tab kind before, so I quickly forgot my phobia of purchasing diapers from actual cashiers and got them. When I opened the pack I noticed yet another thing I haven't been able to experience yet: they are plastic backed! I am soooo happy right now and this is exactly what I needed.
    I bought some at the grocery store the other week. It was so exciting to have the 'real' ones. I'd only ever done pull up kinds before. It was quite the experience. Congrats on the find!

You never know what the small pharmacies will have, I just found some vintage depends briefs at a small pharmacy, not old enough to have the green plastic, but come in the red and white bag that advertised "more underwear like color" but they are made from a thicker louder plastic, and I've also been in pharmacies that had only pull-ups and pads not even cloth like briefs.