Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My first cashier horror story

Default My first cashier horror story

I have been buying diapers and abtbdl stuff for years and never have I had a cashier say anything that made me uncomfortable. Today however, I decided to buy some fleece matching pajamas from kmart. They are going to be my christmas eve pjs and I got them because they have a fleece shirt and matching pajama bottoms which are rare for adult pajama sets.

While I was buying them however, the cashier said something along the lines of "you are going to look so cute in these fuzzy pajamas, you will look just like a little elf".

My first reflex was to do what we all think we will do in the scenerios where a cashier says something, to lie about them being for a relative etc. but then I realized it wasn't worth the energy and I just smiled, paid, and left. It sure made me feel ichy to have her say that though, elf? really? I don't know, but it is kinda bothering me.

A cashier once asked me rudely as she held up a pack of Depends Refastenable Underwear "And what are these?"

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    I have been buying diapers and abtbdl stuff for years and never have I had a cashier say anything that made me uncomfortable. Today however, I decided to buy some fleece matching pajamas from kmart. They are going to be my christmas eve pjs and I got them because they have a fleece shirt and matching pajama bottoms which are rare for adult pajama sets.

While I was buying them however, the cashier said something along the lines of "you are going to look so cute in these fuzzy pajamas, you will look just like a little elf".

My first reflex was to do what we all think we will do in the scenerios where a cashier says something, to lie about them being for a relative etc. but then I realized it wasn't worth the energy and I just smiled, paid, and left. It sure made me feel ichy to have her say that though, elf? really? I don't know, but it is kinda bothering me.
    It's only PJ's and it sounds like they are x-mas themed, seems like a harmless remark. I would of stated "At least I won't have to stock the fireplace with more wood now."

The worst ever till worker incident that happened to me was so ever so unerving. I was at a branch or PoundLand. It is a shop where every item costs 1 just en case you didn't know. I saw some cute little tiger cub cuddly toys, in different colours. One was leapard print, one in black and white tiger stipes, one in orange and black tiger stripes and another which I cannot remember what colour because I lost it somewhere in abouts my appartment. lol

When my items were checked through by the loung lady (there were many different items) she picked up the cuddly toy tigers and asked "Awe... who are these for then?" I did not expect to be asked anything so I did notnhave a prepared excuse. I couldn't find any excuse so I was silent. Then I looked the cashier in the eyes and felt severe fear.

She looked away and I could recognise that expression on her face like a sign post. She was scared of me! She had been talking to me for a while and then stooped immedeately after this.

It was as though she thought I was some weird sex case... for buying damned cuddly toys! She could see thatn I was buying cuddly toys and thought it to be weird. Honnestly, some people over react but it made me feel so crap that somebody would be scared of me. I know that it was her problem and not mine but if she wanted to ruin my week she bloody did a good job of it for sure.

Happilly this was the only ever bad cashier incident in my life in regards to the whole ABDL/Big thingie.

Ya, I don't see the big deal here because they were probably pretty cute and if she thought you would look cute in them she was probably telling you how she really felt. I doubt it was intended as a personal insult.

The fact that you, and others, are so sensitive about childish things really should not matter because they are really not a big deal. I was in a Walmart looking at the footed pajamas and I admit I felt the same guilt and embarrassment, but I also run into people there frequently. Still, it would be in big deal. Besides, this is also a gift buying season so who knows why we are really buying the item.

I would not worry about it so much, just have fun with life and enjoy those precious sweet opportunities where others see you as cute.

AAAWWW, plushies from the dollar store, how cute

I've never had any incidents like these, but it's because they're just not that common. Most people are just going to mind their own business and scan the items with the smile they have to have. If they do say something rude, and you have the guts to do so, you can always complain to the manager, which would surely shut the cashier up, but only if the cashier is being ruse. If it's a nice comment, then I'd smile and say thank you.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 19-Nov-2012 at 16:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I've never had any incidents like these, but it's because they're just not that common. Most people are just going to mind their own business and scan the items with the smile they have to have. If they do say something rude, and you have the guts to do so, you can always complain to the manager, which would surely shut the cashier up.
    But I really don't think there's any justification to complain over someone saying that you'd look like a cute elf in some fleecy pyjamas. It sounds like a pretty innocent comment to me.

Now obviously, making a rude comment, like Calico's story, that would justify a complaint, but being told that something will suit you is a compliment. Really it's not something to complain about!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I've never had any incidents like these, but it's because they're just not that common. Most people are just going to mind their own business and scan the items with the smile they have to have. If they do say something rude, and you have the guts to do so, you can always complain to the manager, which would surely shut the cashier up.
    Not good. You would have the satisfaction of getting the cashier in trouble or possibly even fired. But why, because of our own embarrassment that was based on self consciousness that the cashier could have never foreseen. It truly is an innocent comment and should just be passed off as such.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    elf? really? I don't know, but it is kinda bothering me.
    Looking at the green pajamas in your avatar, and thinking at the cashier's remark, makes me smile

Some cashiers just like to make a bit of conversation with customers, and I guess she was probably just a nice lady (even if you didn't mention it my guess is that we're talking about a lady), feeling like making a bit of conversation with you. I wouldn't think too much into it, they see and talk to hundreds or thousands of people a day after all, and I doubt the random conversations they have with them are intended to be meaningful. Did it bother you because you're not comfortable with the idea of looking like an elf, or just because she said something that sounded more personal than you were expecting from her?

Also, I think that sometimes it's nice to surrender to cuteness instead of fighting it back because we're not used to it, or to publicly exposing it. A remark like that would have made me instantly make a big smile, maybe blush a bit, and say "Thank you!", making my shopping experience simply more pleasant, unique and human And if I were the shop owner I'd give a reward to a cashier like that! So, yay for moar cuteness in the world! ^^