With some recents posts speculating as to the origin of AB/DL feelings, I've been wondering if there any other interests that are similar. BDSM activities don't really seem that comparable, but I think I found something - crossdressing. Here are some similarities I've noticed:
- It often starts early.
- Some people do it for comfort, for others it's sexual.
- There's a colloquial term for it ("dressing", like what's called "wearing" here).
- Binge/purge cycles.
- Feelings of guilt and shame.
- Worries about getting caught.
- Embarrassment about buying things, even if it doesn't make sense (i.e. who's going to think those diapers/panties are for you?)
Overall that seems like a lot of things in common. There are some differences too. For example, I don't think gender norms play a role for AB/DLs - ignoring sissy/LGs for now, since I'm not sure how they fit into all this. AB/DLs also don't worry about passing.
I've searched here, and didn't find any similar posts (well, lots on crossdressing, but none about similarities to AB/DLs), so forgive me if this is common knowledge.
Anyway, does this make sense, or am I totally off base comparing AB/DLs and crossdressers?