Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scented Disposable Diapers question

PamperedBottom

Default Scented Disposable Diapers question

I've found that the scent of these diapers (Pampers and Luvs) is usually on the inner lining of the diaper (the scent is quite nice too, obviously). My question is, is the scent in some supposed to serve a purpose? Does a peed or pooped in diaper mix with the chemicals to enhance that scent in order to be some sort of dirty diaper indicator?

LostSoul0007

I just like the smell

I may not be a diaper scientist but I'm pretty sure a poopy diaper doesn't need sent enhancement to tell its poopy. :P

PamperedBottom

Yeah I know this but my question still sits, what is the purpose of the scent? Does the scent amplify for poopy or peed in diapers to help notify even quicker that the diaper is messy?

I think it just to have a nice smell and does not get enhanced when the diaper is used.
    I know some AB/DL diaper companies can add a scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubles View Post
    I may not be a diaper scientist but I'm pretty sure a poopy diaper doesn't need sent enhancement to tell its poopy. :P
    I don't think you need to have a brain to figure that out lol

No, I think it's just there because it smells nice. Why do people wear perfume?

PamperedBottom

Ahh, you kind of have a point there.

The scent is pleasing/soothing and nothing more i think. I find that for my messy diapers a little fragrance goes a long way for making changes bearable(particularly baby powder for myself).

i don't think it serves a purpose except to have that particular brand be sold more than the competitor
    (on the off topic you can buy separate tubes of sent for adult diapers online to make them more babyish)