Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twinkies, we hardly knew ye.

Default Twinkies, we hardly knew ye.

Well Hostess is going to be shutting down for good now.

Woody Harlson's reaction to the news.

Video below.

Holy cow. Completely shutting down eh? "asked a judge for permission to go out of business and lay off 18,500 workers nationwide." < - Didnt realize it took that many people to make them though.

Unfortunate for the employees, you would think it would of been in the companies best interest to reinvent them selves and not just gloriously go belly up. 20,000 people you think they would pull 10 aside to Work R n D and market a better product.....

Quote Originally Posted by Troubles View Post
    Holy cow. Completely shutting down eh? "asked a judge for permission to go out of business and lay off 18,500 workers nationwide." < - Didnt realize it took that many people to make them though.

Unfortunate for the employees, you would think it would of been in the companies best interest to reinvent them selves and not just gloriously go belly up. 20,000 people you think they would pull 10 aside to Work R n D and market a better product.....
    My friend's dad got a job with hostess a few months ago. When my friend told me I was like "uhhhhh, that's a good thing?" He got into the union like a month before Hostness was all like " lol don't bother coming back to work now guys. Time to sell this bitch!"

Also I think my dad's girlfriend's brother worked for them and gets some sort of pension/retirement from them. He might of worked for somw other bakery outlet as a drive though, here's hoping.

I saw a Twinkie the other day... Most disgusting pseudo-cake thinggummywhoosit I ever saw. I honestly don't know how they ever turned a profit...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    I saw a Twinkie the other day... Most disgusting pseudo-cake thinggummywhoosit I ever saw. I honestly don't know how they ever turned a profit...
    I had a deep fried twinkie once, it was amazingly good. Felt like my heart was going to explode soon after though.

also weighed myself tonight, 152 pounds with my light sleeper on. Though I eat really unhealthy anyhow. <_>

......Other companies make "twinkies" I just bought a box at my store. It's not Hostess but I can pretty much guarantee it's gonna taste like the same thing...

So... twinkies may disappear... from Hostess... but other companies are always going to keep making them so it doesn't really matter.

The only reason I bought them is to make the little guys from Despicable me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	despicable.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	15312

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    ......Other companies make "twinkies" I just bought a box at my store. It's not Hostess but I can pretty much guarantee it's gonna taste like the same thing...

So... twinkies may disappear... from Hostess... but other companies are always going to keep making them so it doesn't really matter.

The only reason I bought them is to make the little guys from Despicable me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	despicable.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	15312
    Wow that's actually kinda cool. Dad said they were popular back when he was a kid, but they were horrid to eat so they died out pretty quickly. I can't imagine what a deep fried one would taste like... I'm 63kg on a good day.

SkarTiger

The only Twinkie I have ever seen is in "Ghostbusters" but still, I've been told by some people that they are delicious. Still, I like coconut too!

I hope some other company buys up the Hostess product line and keeps making them.