Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diapers on a plane.

Exclamation Diapers on a plane.

Well, I'm flying on sunday, and it's a long flight. I was wondering if any stores sell goodnights or attends in any stores. I'm flying through logan airport in Boston, and I want to know if any stores sell them.

Be careful, I've heard horror stories about getting pulled aside by TSA agents for patdowns due to the bulk that a diaper/goodnite shows on the Full Body Scanner.

Yes. Well in Maine, they sell travel size baby diapers. Which is pampers. Idk the sizes, though.

aww, horror stories.. i've flown at least once a year for ages.. haven't gotten the pat down yet, Denver ok, I haven't been thru logan in about 6 years tho, its always a rush, then wait there tho.. oh well

I wouldn't worry about it if traveling alone. If *not* traveling alone, and particularly if traveling with a muggle, I'd be worried about TSA outing me by way of special treatment.

I just flew out of Tulsa, OK yesterday. In that airport, everybody gets full-body scanned unless they opt for a pat-down. I went through the scanner and was then asked, "Got anything in that left pocket?" As it turned out, I had a single 200mg ibuprofen tablet in my pocket. So... yeah, just expect that if you go to the airport diapered, TSA will know.

Well, I am trying to buy after I get past TSA, I want to know if they sell them inside the terminals or the little stores. I can fit into pampers size 6/7 no problem, but I would like something with more absorbency and not have to buy 16-20 when I will only use like 2-4. I'm moving and this may be the last time I can enjoy my DL desires for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ducktaped View Post
    Well, I am trying to buy after I get past TSA, I want to know if they sell them inside the terminals or the little stores.
    Sometimes, yes, but you'll be very lucky to find any larger sizes (6/7). I've only ever seen size 4 and smaller. Just like gas station stores, 7-Elevens, etc., the airport convenience stores focus on the most commonly-used things. Older toddlers are less likely to wear diapers, and parents of older toddlers are less likely to forget to pack them.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the input everyone, it really helps! Other than that, is there any chance I can find pull-ups? I cannot see a way that I could buy them before hand, and since I am under 18 and do not have an ID. My grandparents may get gate pass to walk me to to the terminal, and I have heard of all of the TSA crap, so in no way am I risking exposure to them.

If you are with your grandparents you probably don't want to risk exposure.

But I'd just thought I'd add that I fly diapered all the time and with extras in my carryon. I have never had any sort of problem. There were a few times where they did a pat down after the scanner, but didn't go all the way to my diapered area (just a bit on the sides and up the legs. stopping at the thighs). I figure it was random. If they can tell from the scanners, they don't seem to care or say anything. There was also a time that my bag has been randomly searched, but they didn't pull them out, they just quickly flopped through and let it be. And one time my bag was searched because I accidentally left liquids in it, they just opened it grabbed the bottle they saw on the scanner, closed it and re-scanned it, no big deal. I have flown probably 100 times padded and never been asked anything about my diapers, so I think it's pretty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    If you are with your grandparents you probably don't want to risk exposure.

But I'd just thought I'd add that I fly diapered all the time and with extras in my carryon. I have never had any sort of problem. There were a few times where they did a pat down after the scanner, but didn't go all the way to my diapered area (just a bit on the sides and up the legs. stopping at the thighs). I figure it was random. If they can tell from the scanners, they don't seem to care or say anything. There was also a time that my bag has been randomly searched, but they didn't pull them out, they just quickly flopped through and let it be. And one time my bag was searched because I accidentally left liquids in it, they just opened it grabbed the bottle they saw on the scanner, closed it and re-scanned it, no big deal. I have flown probably 100 times padded and never been asked anything about my diapers, so I think it's pretty safe.
    I may be taking a flight in the near future so this is really reassuring.