Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Colorado was red, then blue, now it's green! XD

  1. #1

    Default Colorado was red, then blue, now it's green! XD

    As you all know recently amendment 64 (pot legalization) was passed in Colorado, so I'm curious as to what y'all think about it. I personally am glad it was passed. Pot had never been known to kill anybody, just relaxes you and improves your vision. Now I've stated my opinions what are yours?

  2. #2
    Countdown

    Default

    I support the legalization of all drugs, including marijuana. Marijuana has been shown by some studies to be even safer than tobacco and alcohol; if those substances are legal for the adult population, why not marijuana as well?

    I think that a person should have the liberty to be able to consume whatever substance he/she desires. Critics will say that hard drugs like cocaine and heroin are very damaging to the individual. To that, I say let the individual choose to harm themselves if he wishes to. It doesn't concern me.

  3. #3
    Lindt

    Default

    i'm with countdown. Weed's not gonna make you smarter though, I will say that.

    But honestly, let people do as they please and learn their lesson. I have already, which is ridiculous for my age, but not all that uncommon. A lot of illegal substances today could have uses in medical context and some do (marijuana specifically), but are illegal due to the danger recreational users put themselves in. A great example would be MDMA, low risk high benefit. But I won't ramble.

  4. #4

    Default

    I'm jealous. I always thought that the legalization of marijuana would happen in Canada first. So I was pretty shocked to hear they even had a vote for it, let alone that it passed. I think there is a lot of money going into weed and to legalize it and then have sold with regular taxes is a logical step. Then just put a 19+ law on it (and it still counts as DUI) and it seems good to me.

    Now I'm just waiting for British Columbia to realize that this is what people want.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm opposed to legalizing marijuana. I think it is more detrimental to society than beneficial. Also, it is a gateway drug for many people as they go down the path to even more harmful and life destroying drugs. Drugs destroy so many lives, even the legalized ones. I know people who are addicted to pain killers. Their lives are totally messed up.

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm fine with it and am happy the money will be going toward schools and things that are actually needed and not some criminals pocket. But it won't be in full effect till 2014, even then I'm pretty sure the supreme court is going to come along and shoot it down before it becomes legal. Which is sad to think about.

  7. #7
    Countdown

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    But it won't be in full effect till 2014, even then I'm pretty sure the supreme court is going to come along and shoot it down before it becomes legal. Which is sad to think about.
    With or without a Supreme Court ruling, the federal government (allegedly) has the power to go in there and enforce the law against marijuana. When California legalized medical marijuana a few years back, the federal government went in and closed a bunch of medical marijuana dispensaries. I think they are still doing it to this day.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
    With or without a Supreme Court ruling, the federal government (allegedly) has the power to go in there and enforce the law against marijuana. When California legalized medical marijuana a few years back, the federal government went in and closed a bunch of medical marijuana dispensaries. I think they are still doing it to this day.
    Federal law and state laws and always been a confusing subject for me, on certain things State laws trump Federal, but in others Federal law trumps State. Example being airsoft guns, federal law says they are not a firearm and are considered toys, while state law says otherwise. marijuana, state says it's okay, federal says no. So I mean who am I supposed to follow? damn governments trying to back us into a corner.

  9. #9
    Countdown

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    Federal law and state laws and always been a confusing subject for me, on certain things State laws trump Federal, but in others Federal law trumps State. Example being airsoft guns, federal law says they are not a firearm and are considered toys, while state law says otherwise. marijuana, state says it's okay, federal says no. So I mean who am I supposed to follow? damn governments trying to back us into a corner.
    Yeah, it's quite the question, and it's one of the foremost debates in American political philosophy. I tend to side with the states-rights people, personally (per the Tenth Amendment). That argument just makes the most sense to me, but I've heard some convincing arguments from the other side before. I think it also has a lot to do with one's ideological leanings (conservatives tend to support strong state governments, liberals tend to support a strong federal government).

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
    I'm opposed to legalizing marijuana. I think it is more detrimental to society than beneficial. Also, it is a gateway drug for many people as they go down the path to even more harmful and life destroying drugs. Drugs destroy so many lives, even the legalized ones. I know people who are addicted to pain killers. Their lives are totally messed up.

    Actually this isnt the case in countries where drugs have been decriminalized if you look at Portugal and specially the Netherlands that have legalization or decriminalization.

    Portaual's hard drug use is dropping per capita of population and The Netherlands haven't gone up in the past 30 years as opposed to a massive rise over 150% i believe I read in america, England and Australia so I dont know where you are getting your facts from but in legalizing it it actually helps solve the issues. Especailly as addiction can be treated as a health problem as opposed to a criminal offence

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-Aug-2012, 05:09
  2. Classic Pokemon (Red/Blue/Green)
    By winters in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-Jun-2012, 04:19
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Feb-2011, 11:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.