Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Awkward Social Situation

  1. #1

    Default Awkward Social Situation

    So, my wife's friend was visiting from out of town. The other night, while my wife was nursing our daughter, her friend comments on how nice it would be to be a baby again. At first, I didn't think anything of it, because people sometimes say that around babies. Then she goes on about how it would be nice to have someone feed you and dress you. She also commented on how good it would feel to have someone change your wet and poopy diapers. I thought that was a little awkward and had to agree. I was tempted to offer her an Abena, but my wife, who knows I'm an AB/DL, would have killed me. I just had to agree and try to hide my awkward boner. So, have you ever been put in a social situation where you are tempted to give yourself away?

  2. #2

    Default

    I was telling my men's choir that one of my best friends in college was/is gay, and they made a statement to the affect of having a relationship with him, and I had to pause for a moment before I laughed with them since they were joking. It's a shame we can't just always come out and tell the truth, but it avoids problems.

    I have had friends who made jokes about diapers as we are all getting older, and old people sometimes have to wear depends. When one of us has a birthday, the subject usually gets mentioned. I've had no desire to say anything like, "Oh, but I wear diapers." It's a lot easier to let sleeping dogs lie.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I was telling my men's choir that one of my best friends in college was/is gay, and they made a statement to the affect of having a relationship with him, and I had to pause for a moment before I laughed with them since they were joking. It's a shame we can't just always come out and tell the truth, but it avoids problems.

    I have had friends who made jokes about diapers as we are all getting older, and old people sometimes have to wear depends. When one of us has a birthday, the subject usually gets mentioned. I've had no desire to say anything like, "Oh, but I wear diapers." It's a lot easier to let sleeping dogs lie.
    It's actually kind of refreshing to see that attitude expressed here. It seems like all that anyone wants to do on here is shout their love for diapers from every roof top. At least if one of your friends gets you a pack of diapers for your birthday, they won't all go to waste.

  4. #4
    Countdown

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyShrek View Post
    It seems like all that anyone wants to do on here is shout their love for diapers from every roof top.
    tell me bout it

  5. #5

    Default

    ^ I don't think there are more people who want to divulge their fetish or lifestyle than those who don't. I believe that misconception arises from people starting threads saying they want to tell someone..but no one is going to start a thread titled "Help!!! I don't want to tell anyone"

    ...because that would be dumb



    ...I got nothing for the op, sorry

  6. #6

    Default

    "Help!!! I don't want to tell anyone"

    No seriously it's easier that way. I've laughed at more than one of my moms jokes making fun of abdl (from commercial on things like my strange addiction or whatever it was called). Played along so I'd look normal to her at least. People really don't need to know and the akward conversation that would happen afterward would be avoided. The only exception I'd say is a spouse, and my girlfriend already knows, so I plan to keep it from everyone else as long as that's possible.

  7. #7

    Default

    in public, i only tell someone if the 'You're Wearing Diapers' subject comes up.. otherwise, generally best left unsaid

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I was telling my men's choir that one of my best friends in college was/is gay, and they made a statement to the affect of having a relationship with him, and I had to pause for a moment before I laughed with them since they were joking.
    that's so unfortunately awkward... i'm sure it was tempting to say "yes, we did have a relationship. we were best friends. we had a friendly relationship." i mean, i have relationships with my friends, and with my sister, and with my cousins. they are not intimate relationships though. :-)

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by whisko View Post
    that's so unfortunately awkward... i'm sure it was tempting to say "yes, we did have a relationship. we were best friends. we had a friendly relationship." i mean, i have relationships with my friends, and with my sister, and with my cousins. they are not intimate relationships though. :-)
    Haha...yes. And I think I paused because the relationship we had is still special and significant to me. He called me up on the phone several weeks ago because he was thinking of me and my wife. He's such a nice guy, and there was a part of me that didn't want to belittle the relationship we had, nor did I want to disrespect those four years of college, where I did a lot of personal growing. By just pretending on, there was this nagging feeling that I was being unfaithful not just to our past relationship, but to gay rights, which was something we fought for back in the day where you could be locked up for having a same sex relationship.

    He now lectures and presents workshops in high schools for conflict resolution, especially regarding the gay community. I have so much respect for him, and I'm proud of his accomplishments; proud of him.

  10. #10
    Countdown

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babyavi View Post
    ^ I don't think there are more people who want to divulge their fetish or lifestyle than those who don't. I believe that misconception arises from people starting threads saying they want to tell someone..but no one is going to start a thread titled "Help!!! I don't want to tell anyone"

    ...because that would be dumb

    would guess it's a 50/50 split... so yes, the baby shrek's post was a bit hyperbolic, but i agree with the substance of it..

Similar Threads

  1. Awkward Situation
    By gnd567 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-May-2011, 08:07
  2. awkward
    By natattack in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-Mar-2011, 22:22
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-Oct-2008, 07:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.