Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to Walgreens. What am I getting?

Default I'm going to Walgreens. What am I getting?

Let's ignore price for now (But if you know it that be useful)

I want the diaper that is most baby like and most comfortable. Comfort and baby like is more important than price and absorbancy for the purpose of this post. I HAVE looked at other posts but I wanted to be more specific.

I am over 18, YAY, and am around a size 32ish...My weight is anywhere between 120 and 140....

I would like to be able to sleep in it, however I need to know if it's wise or not. Ultimately, I sleep on a foutan (couch) in my parents front living room, by choice cause I don't want to move into my old bedroom (to make it feel less permanent) but that's a possibility.

I go places a lot so a diaper that's good for that is good too.

I'd like to know the best options for each of these scenarios, be it traveling or sleeping. Again, I want baby and comfort feel above anything.....

Quick response apprecaited
    Help kids, tanks lots!

Pull ups are great, Underjams and Cars dissapearing images are my favorites. Also; UJ's get any better with the sides? But I want to take it to a new step before burning out completly.

I don't know about the underjams, but it sounds like you could wear goodnites if you wanted. They should do the job for you. Otherwise, the best bet that you will find at Walgreens are the depend fitted maximum protection, you should probably get the small/medium size.

See, I wanted ones that opened on the sides, not like pull-ups, which I didn't find at any store. The most they had at stores was Depends or a pad liner. I think you're better looking online for something like Tena or Attends.
    By the way, anyone know of ones with a plastic backing?

You must get the Walgreens Fitted Briefs. Better than Depends, and if you double them correctly, they will handle 5+ medium wettings. Excellent first diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by tbjay View Post
    Let's ignore price for now

I am over 18, YAY
    Do you have a credit card? You should apply for one and order online. A great way to start getting good credit

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Do you have a credit card? You should apply for one and order online. A great way to start getting good credit
    Thanks for the responses

A credit card in my hands is a bad thing.....I don't like having cash on me....All though I suppose a VISA that comes from my checking account would be good.

You have a good point bout the good credit....

However; The usual delimma of it being delivered. Actually odds are if it's here between 8am and 2pm I can get, I just won't be able to enjoy it the same day......As long as the box is plain I guess that would work, could say it's for a friend as I was gonna send something....

How big is the box? And also; I don't want to buy a lot of anything, since this is experimentation. It seems like when your ordering online the prices are extreme and so are the quanitities. I need a package like the UJs, which came in 13 pairs, perfect for a week of experimenting.

Yes, I did GN's before as my first, but they weren't the best comfort at the time. Not like the UJ's, so softer, so nicer. That and a binky and it's a good night.

But yes, the idea was to get an actual diaper, if I didn't make that clear, sorry.

"You must get the Walgreens Fitted Briefs"

Are these diaper diapers?

I hear great things about Bambinos and Molicares...But I'm sketchy on ordering from the internet for 1,000 reasons.

In terms of quality the best you're going to find at Walgreens is Depends, though I suppose if you're small enough Goodnites/Underjams could also service you. I've heard some people are able to find Attends at random pharmacy locations, I do believe the top-line Attends diaper is better than Depends' best.

Tena, Molicare, Abena, Bambino, Dry 24/7 is the online pecking order past that (I've only tried Molicare and Abena... later two didn't exist when I was able to order from online...)

I hope you made it to Walgreens before the price went back up on their own brand of disposables. They were marked down to $6.99 here in Northeast Indiana last week. I got a 16 pack of larges from them last night for that price. But no matter what please enjoy your time while diapered.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledbbw View Post
    I hope you made it to Walgreens before the price went back up on their own brand of disposables. They were marked down to $6.99 here in Northeast Indiana last week. I got a 16 pack of larges from them last night for that price. But no matter what please enjoy your time while diapered.
    OUCH! That is lame for me to miss out!

What is their brand? Is it actually diaper-style?

annierighthurr

The walgreens are diaper style. They have two tapes per side, that have like a blue crisscross print on them. The backing is cloth and they are a little bit thicker then depends.

EDIT: I think their brand is called Certainty.
    EDIT AGAIN: even when they're not on sale, the most they cost is 9.99