Thread: Faded Glory/Walmart Sleeper Warning

Default Faded Glory/Walmart Sleeper Warning

They run small, from what I can tell. I bought an xl 12/16 (the same size I buy in the Circo brand) and it is tight. It's just big enough for me to slip into. I can move, but it's a bit restricting. Gah and I already took the tag off..... Oh well I just really want to give others a heads up. It is cute though (sports themed)

I tried one last year and was disappointed as well. The Kmart ones are small as well

BigC300

If you desire quality made clothing measured to fit your body by a professional seamstress and tailor, then you need to contact Marcie at ForeverAKid.Com! Very reasonable prices for high quality clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    They run small, from what I can tell. I bought an xl 12/16 (the same size I buy in the Circo brand) and it is tight. It's just big enough for me to slip into. I can move, but it's a bit restricting. Gah and I already took the tag off..... Oh well I just really want to give others a heads up. It is cute though (sports themed)

Although I am somewhat vertically challenged...I probably wouldn't fit into a child's size sleeper, no matter what the size. I'll stick to the ladies' section...which tend to be larger, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BigC300 View Post
    If you desire quality made clothing measured to fit your body by a professional seamstress and tailor, then you need to contact Marcie at ForeverAKid.Com! Very reasonable prices for high quality clothing.

Not everyone can afford (or even want) to pay $70 and up for a sleeper which may be worn only a few times. I'm not negating the quality of the product, just saying the prices are somewhat off-putting for the average *BDL.

BigC300

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post

Although I am somewhat vertically challenged...I probably wouldn't fit into a child's size sleeper, no matter what the size. I'll stick to the ladies' section...which tend to be larger, of course.

Not everyone can afford (or even want) to pay $70 and up for a sleeper which may be worn only a few times. I'm not negating the quality of the product, just saying the prices are somewhat off-putting for the average *BDL.
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by BigC300 View Post
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!
    And again I will say that I was in no way negating the quality of the products. In fact, when I had my site up, Forever-A-Kid was one of the sites that I had listed as a great place to get bABy clothes! But I still find 70 dollars and up to be "a bit much" for a single piece of clothing (whether it's a sleeper or something else).

Then again, I'm on a very limited income (as, I'm sure, are any number of *BDLs), and if I had a spare $70 to just toss away, I doubt very much I'd toss it on a sleeper (especially since I hate having my feet covered when I'm trying to sleep). There are so many things I could buy with that same $70! For myself, I'd rather have stuff "in the now"...so I might buy a cheaper sleeper, but get a nice plushie to cuddle while I'm wearing it, and maybe buy some bobbles for my hair. I'm not "Queen Baby"....I don't live in a million-dollar mansion...I don't have a private nursery...I'm more of a "baby on a budget".
    Last edited by Trevor; 16-Nov-2012 at 00:36. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    And again I will say that I was in no way negating the quality of the products. In fact, when I had my site up, Forever-A-Kid was one of the sites that I had listed as a great place to get bABy clothes! But I still find 70 dollars and up to be "a bit much" for a single piece of clothing (whether it's a sleeper or something else).

Then again, I'm on a very limited income (as, I'm sure, are any number of *BDLs), and if I had a spare $70 to just toss away, I doubt very much I'd toss it on a sleeper (especially since I hate having my feet covered when I'm trying to sleep). There are so many things I could buy with that same $70! For myself, I'd rather have stuff "in the now"...so I might buy a cheaper sleeper, but get a nice plushie to cuddle while I'm wearing it, and maybe buy some bobbles for my hair. I'm not "Queen Baby"....I don't live in a million-dollar mansion...I don't have a private nursery...I'm more of a "baby on a budget".
    I really liked what you said here^ and I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the warning =)

- - - Updated - - -

Something I just thought of is if anyone knows where I can buy an xl 14/16 or larger scooby doo sleeper? I know spencers gifts has some but I would like it to be more like this:

http://www.target.com/p/scooby-doo-b...i_sku=14094279

(sorry for the long link) The largest I can find is a L 10/12 which, unfortunately is too small for me =/
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 17-Nov-2012 at 03:08. Reason: fixing url links

Those front print sleepers always seemed fun to me but never really get close to adult sizes. Also 3 piece pajama sets where its a short sleeved top and then long bottoms and a pair of shorts. Those never come in a large enough size either.

FairyCakes

Quote Originally Posted by blueaudio View Post
    Those front print sleepers always seemed fun to me but never really get close to adult sizes. Also 3 piece pajama sets where its a short sleeved top and then long bottoms and a pair of shorts. Those never come in a large enough size either.
    I didn't realizr how much I missed those until now o_o...