Thread: Some kind of Introduction

Default Some kind of Introduction

Umm...Hi there! My name, as you can see, is Dashie, although you can call me what you like, provided you're not mean about it.

I guess I should introduce myself here, huh? Also, before I start, I apologize in advance if this introduction seems awkward or is too long; I'm rather shy, even on the internet, so I write more than I mean to!

I'm currently at Sixth Form, looking to go to University next year to study either Language or Computer Science (I still haven't decided yet).

Well, as far as my AB / DL side goes, I'm not overly sure where I'd put myself really. I do have a "little" side as it were, and she kind of mimics my personality in a way (you could say she's basically another me); she's shy, but likes to crack a joke every so often. As for why she exists, I just kinda find it relaxing to be able to get away from the rest of the world for a little bit when things get rough.

Outside of my "little" side, I wouldn't exactly call myself interesting. I'm a fan of My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic, if the name didn't already give it away. By extension, I'm also a huge fan of writing and reading; I prefer scary or mind-boggling stories, like horror stories or investigative "dramas"; I'm not a big fan of light-hearted tales, as it were. Sadly, I haven't written anything in absoutely ages, but hopefully this site will give me the motivation to write again.

I'm also a programmer, although I'm losing interest in it as of late; again, lack of motivation sucks. Lastly, I'm very interested in learning other languages other than my own, and currently looking at learning both Swedish and Japanese. I'm not confident in my own language (English), but in any other language, I feel much more at ease for some reason.

Before I end this introduction, I'd just like to explain what I want to get out of this site. I hope that this site will rekindle my love of writing, and that I can also make some new friends who share my interests. It's also nice to know that I'm not alone.

P.S: Sorry that the introduction is so long. :/

~ Dashie

Hey welcome to ADISC. My name is Thomas and I'm an AB/DL, duh :P. I love reading, writing and music but i am definitely not limited to those as general topics.

We definitely have computers in common. I am a Computer Science major but, unlike you, i dont really enjoy programming. I have taken HTML, VB, ADV VB, Java, C++ and ADV C++ for my degree, but i did not really enjoy myself during any of it. I made good grades at least, so now i can continue my education, if i wish, in other directions later on. Right now, i am going to focus on obtaining a networking career with my degree. Then after i am more financially settled and mentally prepared for another run, I think i will be going back for either a math or psychology degree. Those subject matters are way more important to me than staring at modules of code. For me, anyway, i'm not knocking programming as an art. It can be awesome in the hands of someone who is talented and passionate. Thanks for putting so much about yourself in the introduction. If you ever need someone to listen to you or just have a conversation, i will be always willing and happy to lend an ear .

and It s not too long. I love writing too.
    Last edited by Symmetry7; 13-Nov-2012 at 20:26. Reason: slight correction

Thanks for the reply.

We definitely have computers in common.
    Yeah, I guess we do. Like I said though, I've been losing interest in them a lot lately. Maybe I'm spending too much time programming and not enough time writing like I want to. I'm too pedantic about every little thing to do that though. :/

Right now, i am going to focus on obtaining a networking career with my degree. Then after i am more financially settled and mentally prepared for another run, I think i will be going back for either a math or psychology degree. Those subject matters are way more important to me than staring at modules of code. For me, anyway, i'm not knocking programming as an art. It can be awesome in the hands of someone who is talented and passionate.
    Go for it! Like you said, "it can be awesome in the hands of someone who is talented and passionate." That kinda applies to everything though; if you don't put your all into something, you're either going to not enjoy it and give up, or struggle through it. Plus, you can do anything if you put your mind to it. To be honest though, I'm not all that sure about going to University yet.

If you ever need someone to listen to you or just have a conversation, i will be always willing and happy to lend an ear.
    Aww, thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Dashie; 13-Nov-2012 at 20:44. Reason: Added something to the blank space above the first quote. -_-

MrEpic

As Symmetry7 already said, Welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
    I'm a fan of My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic, if the name didn't already give it away
    Another brony Here is a BroHoof for you /)

By extension, I'm also a huge fan of writing and reading
    Same here. You write any MLP fanfics? I'd love to read them when I have the chance.

I'm also a programmer, although I'm losing interest in it as of late;
    I'm more of a security expert then a programmer but I know VBS and HTML. What languages do you program in?

Anyway, enjoy the site!

Sorry for late reply. I was tired and had to go to sleep.

Another brony Here is a BroHoof for you /)
    (\ to you as well, my friend.

Same here. You write any MLP fanfics? I'd love to read them when I have the chance.
    I'd like to write them, but I haven't as of right now. If I'm being completely honest, I haven't ever actually finished anything I've wanted to write; I've lost interest in my idea after around a day or so. Either that or I've always decided that the idea wasn't good enough...

I'm more of a security expert then a programmer but I know VBS and HTML. What languages do you program in?
    I don't really stick to one language as of late; I've been looking around at new languages, trying to learn them. I've mostly been programming (or learning to program) in Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, C, Assembly and Haskell.
    Last edited by Dashie; 15-Nov-2012 at 10:30.