Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Life (Re: Preventing it)

Default Life (Re: Preventing it)

I was going to make this just on abortion, but lets go for the whole shebang! What do you think about anything that prevents a life? So abortion, condoms, birth control, etc...

For the record, I'm against abortion, as well as birth control, and condoms.

If someone wants to have it, then go for it...I don't know what else to say >.>

If your religion is against forms of birth control, then that's fine, I respect that. But it also requires very strong will to not have sex unless you are READY and ABLE to support a child. In my opinion, the two should go hand in hand.

I see nothing wrong with birth control, personally. Many people out there shouldn't be parents (either because they are too young, don't have the money, aren't responsible enough, or generally just don't want to have kids). Using birth control is a responsible way of acknowledging that fact without abstaining from sex entirely. Yes, no form of birth control is 100%, but it's better than not using it (and have sex).

Now, on the topic of abortion, I'm just going to say that I think it should be the choice of the woman as to whether she gets one but, there should definintely be some sort of control over what situations warrant an abortion. The procedure should not be used as a form of birth control - that would just be sick.

^^ All my opinions, please take it as that.

EDIT: Also I should add: as a gay guy, I am very pro condoms!

Well one thing that bothers me (and this may be surprising coming from a woman) but how come men have no say? If my boyfriend and I got pregnant, but he wanted an abortion, then of course I'd say fuck you and have the baby if I wanted to, and THEN make him pay child support. So how come I can go and have an abortion, even if my boyfriend wanted that baby and would be crushed if I terminated his or her life? It's just as much his child as it is mine. It should be a joint decision, and I don't think its fair, even if it is my body, it's still his child.

if you're having sex and then the guy pulls out at the last minute, that prevents a life. it's no different from using a condom, really -- just much more risky.

what about masturbation? if a guy masturbates when he could be using that precious cum to impregnate a female -- that prevents a life.

what if you and your parter talk about having sex but decide not to. according to your logic, that prevents a life.

so unless we fuck like bunnies 24 hours a day, there are potential children who we could have brought into the world who will never be born.

most mammals are only sexually active at a particular time during the female's menstrual cycle -- when she goes into heat. for them, sex is undertaken exclusively for the goal of procreation. for humans, sex has a different function as well. we do it whenever we feel like it, just because it's fun and it's a way for two people to express their love for one another. that's why we have birth control.

as far as abortion is concerned, i understand why it's sometimes necessary, but my gut feeling is that it's always wrong. i guess i just don't have the courage to voice my internal convictions because everyone i know and respect believes strongly that abortion should be legal. also i'm a guy, so maybe i shouldn't have the final say in something like that. it's a very confusing issue for me.

Mako

Birth control, condoms, etc. well why not? Prevents unneeded pregnancy.

On the chance you do conceive with a woman only one of those sperm (well in case theres twins), is going to survive anyways. Whats the justification against it? The story of onan? Last I checked god was angry about him disobeying him and spunking on the ground because he felt wrong about having sex with his brothers wife. Nothing about wrapping your penis in latex.

As for abortion, I support the woman to have the choice. If I were straight and conceived a child I would not want it to be aborted, but that situation will never come about.
    For the women who feel its needed, I respect their right to choose.

Well one thing that bothers me (and this may be surprising coming from a woman) but how come men have no say? If my boyfriend and I got pregnant, but he wanted an abortion, then of course I'd say fuck you and have the baby if I wanted to, and THEN make him pay child support. So how come I can go and have an abortion, even if my boyfriend wanted that baby and would be crushed if I terminated his or her life? It's just as much his child as it is mine. It should be a joint decision, and I don't think its fair, even if it is my body, it's still his child.
    Well thats quite a double standard.

I agree. If I was in an intimate relationship, it would be to have a woman close to me who I can love, trust, and confide in, not to have sex 24 hours a day. Many children do not see the importance of this, and think it is all about the sex.

Well I am about pro condom as it gets, I love condoms, I could go on and on about condoms, hell my avatar was a condom for a good deal of time, but I switched to the AIDS ribbon. As for other forms of birth control, I'm also just as pro. I wish there were more programs in place that would reduce the cost or put it on a sliding scale. The cost on providing people with birth control for a year is far less than the cost of raising a baby for a year.

As for abortion, I find arguing/debating/conversational about the topic is quite useless. The pro-choice/pro-life debate is fruitless and a waste of energy. Reproductive and sexual rights should be protected yes, but the energy of the pro-life/pro-choice debate should be better spent on education and contraception for people.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Babymullet Ver 9.8 View Post
    As for abortion, I find arguing/debating/conversational about the topic is quite useless. The pro-choice/pro-life debate is fruitless and a waste of energy. Reproductive and sexual rights should be protected yes, but the energy of the pro-life/pro-choice debate should be better spent on education and contraception for people.
    Precisely, if you educate people properly on safe and responsible sex, many of those situations that result in abortion, teen pregnancy, etc. will be reduced significantly.

For the record, I'm against abortion, but I'm for birth control, and condoms. As a person who had a slap in the face when I found out that my girlfriend might have been pregnant (BTW she not, it a long story), I was freaking out and worry because I wasn't ready for a baby, I mean I don't have no money, no job or anything. I was lucky this time because she wasn't pregnant but next time I probably won't be. So if you wanted to have sex but not a kid, I highly suggest that you or your partner uses some form of protection, and don't be a dumbass like I was.

Now my thoughts on abortion. I only believe that you should use abortion, if you were rape into a pregnant or something life serious. I also believe that too many people are using abortion as a scapegoat now days because they were sleeping around and wasn't thinking the consequences of getting pregnant, or they were like me and wasn't using protection and therefore got their partner pregnant.