Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When people lose bladder control from wearing

Default When people lose bladder control from wearing

I don't intend to go incontinent. I am just wondering if people already have weak bladders and they start to wear, can they lose bladder control?

If someone doesn't have bladder issues and they wear, they would have a very hard time losing it while for people with bladder problems, it be no problem for them?

You'll never become incon from wearing, it'll just become easier to go to the point you're almost incon. Incon is the loss of control, which you will still be able to regain back if you try hard enough.

At most, you'll pee without noticing until it's too late, but that's still not technically the same as peeing without control at all.

I have noticed it's a lot easier wetting myself after having a baby and I leak urine sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I have noticed it's a lot easier wetting myself after having a baby and I leak urine sometimes.
    thats kinda of a side effect of having kids more so if you don't have a c-section. Of course having a person grow inside of you in the same area as your "plumping" likely doesn't improve your bladder capacity or anything like that.

I agree that wearing diapers will not cause incontinence in that I loose complete control. I have noticed, for me, that after I wear during the day for a period of time I just wet when anything is in my bladder. So there is no effort to pee, it just comes out. I can only do this when I have completely relaxed my bladder which takes some concentration.

During the night I do wet in my sleep. On rare occasions I will wake up first but usually it is while sleeping diapered.

For me being able to wet, seemingly involuntarily has been a matter of establishing new habits. So it now seems to be an automatic thing to me even though I do have control. One early realization of this happened while I was wearing on a trip. After a couple of hours I noticed I was wet and leaking, yet I never realized I was wetting when I was wetting. This created a problem because the wetting continued because of a conscious decision to proceed with the diapers as though I had no control. Even with this situation, had I chosen to exercise control I would have and the wetting would have stopped.

Lesson learned, it is possible to have a level of control over ones own body where a seemingly infantile lack of control can temporarily exist.

Being acustomed to wearing and wetting is just "trainning".

You develop a better neurological link to your sphincter and you are able to release it or keep it released.

You can "train" untill you are able to wet in your sleep, but it won't happen unless you want to.

Agree to the above of wearing and it not leading to incontinence. When I was in college and my first accidents made me realize I needed protection (even though only about 2 – 4 times per month) it generally became easier to let go at night. Most of the time I woke up and I still could have gone down to the dorm bathroom but the local floor jerk that was always looking to get on someone for a laugh made it impossible to go out and get to the bathroom while wearing plastic underpants and an absorbent brief (even under my robe). So even when I woke up and had to go I would just let it happen and go back to sleep. This became easier and after a while I was barely awake when I just let go (but had to sit up mostly). My first year I was wet more than 75% of the time at night because of this. By my third year the jerk was gone and I was able to go down to the bathroom even when wearing protection and not wet myself. I still had the occasional accident but my roommate was more grateful I wore protection instead of noting wet sheets in the morning.

I think most of the people who are saying you wont lose control are talking about healthy individually, who have fully functional bladder/urinary systems! (and I would mostly agree with that, but...)

If these people giving advice about medical problems were medical professionals, I hope they would know that for some people with certain medical conditions, wearing diapers CAN lead to the lose of bladder control! This is why in many patients, doctors advise against using diapers for the management of incontinence.

For instance, for a person with diminished bladder capacity, wearing diapers and just letting go at the slightest urge, might cause a worsening of the bladder capacity over time.

A person can find endless examples in medical articles of people who started out with overactive bladder symptoms. Not being able to find a bathroom in time, and to embarrassed to talk to a doctor, the person might start using diapers. Continued use of the diapers might lead the person to be comfortable in using the diapers, causing them to let go at the onset of a urge. Over time of not holding it, then led to such a diminished bladder capacity, that by the time the person talks to a doctor, bladder surgery might be the only option.

So yes, sometimes wearing diapers can lead to the person progressing beyond the stage of simple exercises or medication, to something like surgery, or permanent incontinence.

Diapers can cause a person to lose bladder control, and it cant be stressed enough, that if you actually have any sort of bladder or incontinence issues, to talk to a doctor to find out the cause of your issue.

Imagen if a ab/dl guy had urgency issues, and didnt see a doctor because it was his fantasy to become incontinent. Then this guy found out he had prostate cancer...
    All hypothetical, just saying, talk to a doctor!

I think it is possible it is different for everyone. My boyfriend has been wearing diapers 24/7 for a while I think over a year or so not totally sure. Any way several months ago he started wetting the bed. He thought maybe his brain was just trained to wearing a diaper and that is why he was wetting in his sleep. But that however is not the case cause even when he does not wear a diaper it happens. He has mentioned that he feels a little bit less control over things but still can control it for the most part during the day. So I would say that it is possible to loose control. It is rare but it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I don't intend to go incontinent. I am just wondering if people already have weak bladders and they start to wear, can they lose bladder control?

If someone doesn't have bladder issues and they wear, they would have a very hard time losing it while for people with bladder problems, it be no problem for them?

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    If these people giving advice about medical problems were medical professionals, I hope they would know that for some people with certain medical conditions, wearing diapers CAN lead to the lose of bladder control! This is why in many patients, doctors advise against using diapers for the management of incontinence.

For instance, for a person with diminished bladder capacity, wearing diapers and just letting go at the slightest urge, might cause a worsening of the bladder capacity over time.
    I apologize if I sound skeptical, but one sees a lot of posts in this group that are absolutely certain of things that are manifestly not so. As the saying goes, there is a lot more knowlege in the world than there are facts.
    So in the interest of facts, I wonder if you could post some references for this. Are doctors of a single opinion on this? (They seldom are.) Are those who recommend not wearing diapers basing that on actual research or on their sense that it ought to be the case?

Please understand; I'm not saying that either you or your doctor are wrong and I'm certainly not questioning either your integrity or your veracity. I really don't know. But I think it would be a service to the community if folks who make these sorts of points would provide a link or two that would let the rest of us judge the evidence for ourselves.

Thanks