Thread: Reintroduction.

Default Reintroduction.

-Takes out my cheat sheet-

Hello, my name is Hope. Iíve actually been on ADISC for a little over a year now, but I havenít really been that involved. So I thought maybe I should re introduce myself to the community. So letís start with the basics, if thatís okay with everyone. :P Like I said earlier, my name is Hope and I am currently in the middle of my first year of college. Iím majoring in psychology and Iím really enjoying my first semester so far. Iíve met a lot of wonderful people and Iím finally learning how to come out of my shell and meet people. I guess you could say Iím kind of shy. I just get really nervous talking to people, but Iím working on that. I've actually already gotten a lot better at it haha. In my spare time I love to blog, watch sitcoms, and I recently found out that I like reading. Iím really into the murder mystery genre right now. I also love to listen to music. Iím into alternative, old school rap, and I really like piano instrumentals. Oh, I also have an unhealthy obsession with animals, specifically penguins.

As for what brought me to ADISC, well I really couldnít tell you. :P I guess I just thought it be nice to check in once in awhile and chat with people who share the same interest as me. I donít really have people to talk about AB interest with, it get kind of lonely. I guess you could consider me an adult baby. Iím into most baby stuff like diapers, pacifiers, bottles, etc. Thatís really all there is to my baby side. But to be honest, being an AB makes up only a very small part of who I am.

So like I said earlier Iím majoring in psychology. I absolutely love the subject and anything associated with it. Iíve always been fascinated as to why people act and think the way they do. Iím planning on getting my masters in psychology and made sometime in the future a doctorate, but Iím not gonna get ahead of myself. Besides psychology Iím really into art and music. Iím not really an artist myself, I do dabble in graphic design, but I always love going to art galleries when I get the chance. I listen to music a lot too; itís something thatís always put me in a good mood. Right now Iím really into Slow Runner, Yuna, Yiruma, Rainy Milo, The Wu Tang Clan, and Dance Gavin Dance. Oh, I also love playing video games. Right now Iíve been playing a lot of Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, and Soul Calibur. The only games Iím not very fond of are FPS.

As for what I want out of this site, I honestly have no idea. Iím not even sure how active Iím going to be here. Iíll probably just post every now and then. Itís just nice to know that Iím not alone with it comes to these interest. To be honest, Iíve been feeling kind of weird when it comes to my AB side. Iím not sure if I want to indulge in it or forget about it all together. Thereís always been a kind of loneliness when it comes to my AB side, so I guess Iím just looking for support.

Anyways, thatís me in a nutshell. I hope I didnít talk about myself too much. ^^;

G'day Hope,

Welcome... Or should that be, "ohhhh, so that's who you are!" (listen to me, talking like I have a clue. I only just signed up ).

Psychology aye... Stay outa my head J/K.

It's ok to be shy, I get that way sometimes too -in real life more so than online. It can be a pain, but then there are those moments when you surprise yourself and your confidence gets a real boost.

Yay penguins! They're one of my favoutire animals too; I have a thing for birds that don't fly for some reason. Chickens are also cool and not just because they taste good (ergh!... I'm a bad person ). Honey Badgers are also really cool animals -I love how they're "dead 'ard" and don't take no crap off of no one

That's kinda why I joined up as well; it's nice to have a "safe place" to talk about a side of you that is special to you, but not always accepted in the big bad world. I'm more DL than AB, but part of the reason I joined this site was to learn, so I've been lurking around all the different parts of the forums, getting to know all about this particular life style. It's different to how I feel, so it's interesting I guess. You shouldn't feel weird about your AB side; it's part of who you are and you shouldn't deny yourself something so innocent, especially if it makes you happy.

I would say "enjoy youself whilst on the site", but you've been here longer than me, so I'll just say, see you around.

^what he said^

lol ^^" but seriously its nice of you to reintroduce yourself like this, im kind of in the same boat with you as i dont post much either yet i do read alot of these posts here on adisc. I also do read as do you (Big surprise! lol) but im more into the fiction type books never really read to much murder mystery although i did happpen to enjoy the younger adult dectective books that were much easier to follow and actually finish. I also see you mentioned Videogames. Thats right up my alley :P, i've played all 3 of the games you mentioned i'd have to say its a close tie with GW2 and SKyrim, yet GW2 does have PVP so there's my vote. Anyways i'd love to get to know you more so if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to or even another person to bounce graphic design idea's or a videogame problem or even just to discuss a good book im your guy

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    -Takes out my cheat sheet-

Hello, my name is Hope. Iíve actually been on ADISC for a little over a year now, but I havenít really been that involved. So I thought maybe I should re introduce myself to the community. So letís start with the basics, if thatís okay with everyone. :P Like I said earlier, my name is Hope and I am currently in the middle of my first year of college. Iím majoring in psychology and Iím really enjoying my first semester so far. Iíve met a lot of wonderful people and Iím finally learning how to come out of my shell and meet people. I guess you could say Iím kind of shy. I just get really nervous talking to people, but Iím working on that. I've actually already gotten a lot better at it haha. In my spare time I love to blog, watch sitcoms, and I recently found out that I like reading. Iím really into the murder mystery genre right now. I also love to listen to music. Iím into alternative, old school rap, and I really like piano instrumentals. Oh, I also have an unhealthy obsession with animals, specifically penguins.

As for what brought me to ADISC, well I really couldnít tell you. :P I guess I just thought it be nice to check in once in awhile and chat with people who share the same interest as me. I donít really have people to talk about AB interest with, it get kind of lonely. I guess you could consider me an adult baby. Iím into most baby stuff like diapers, pacifiers, bottles, etc. Thatís really all there is to my baby side. But to be honest, being an AB makes up only a very small part of who I am.

So like I said earlier Iím majoring in psychology. I absolutely love the subject and anything associated with it. Iíve always been fascinated as to why people act and think the way they do. Iím planning on getting my masters in psychology and made sometime in the future a doctorate, but Iím not gonna get ahead of myself. Besides psychology Iím really into art and music. Iím not really an artist myself, I do dabble in graphic design, but I always love going to art galleries when I get the chance. I listen to music a lot too; itís something thatís always put me in a good mood. Right now Iím really into Slow Runner, Yuna, Yiruma, Rainy Milo, The Wu Tang Clan, and Dance Gavin Dance. Oh, I also love playing video games. Right now Iíve been playing a lot of Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, and Soul Calibur. The only games Iím not very fond of are FPS.

As for what I want out of this site, I honestly have no idea. Iím not even sure how active Iím going to be here. Iíll probably just post every now and then. Itís just nice to know that Iím not alone with it comes to these interest. To be honest, Iíve been feeling kind of weird when it comes to my AB side. Iím not sure if I want to indulge in it or forget about it all together. Thereís always been a kind of loneliness when it comes to my AB side, so I guess Iím just looking for support.

Anyways, thatís me in a nutshell. I hope I didnít talk about myself too much. ^^;
    Oh my goodness, Hope! You sound like you would be such a wonderful friend! Animal obsession? AB? Guild Wars 2 player?

I like your moxie, kid!

I like penguins a bit, myself. I tend to have more of an obsession with exotic hoofed creatures like giraffes and sheep. Oh sheep are soooo cute!

What do you play in GW2? Im still sorta touring my options. Played an engineer and guardian to about 50 and now im trying out an Asura Elementalist and having a super fun time. She may end up being 'the one' for me. I dunno.

Anyway, welcome! I hope you have a great time here!