Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardest decision of my life

Default Hardest decision of my life

My beautiful fur-baby became suddenly very ill this week. The vet told us it was heart failiure and there was nothing that could be done for her. She crossed the Rainbow Bridge today, passing away peacefully in my arms.

Safe journey, baby.

I can't stop crying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0308s.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	15215

Beautiful dog, the photo clearly shows how happy she was! Sadly this is the only bad thing that comes with having animals. I'd put money on it that she had a good life, but all I can say is sorry for your loss

Oh Downtide, I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you made the right decision, and didn't let her suffer on for days or weeks or longer. I'm not sure that's much consolation for you, though.

I'm so sorry, but at least she lived a happy life.

I'm really sorry about that. She looks beautiful in that picture. I know how hard it must have been for you to make that decision, you did make the right choice and she did pass on peacefully. I hope you are coping well, downtide.

It's always sad when pets die. I've lost 2 pets growing up and it was hard both times. I have 2 fairly young cats now and it'll suck when it's their time too.

full sympathies.

[edit] not being ignorant with the shortness of it - just don't want to end up teary-eyed and guilty, myself, from my own memories.
    Last edited by ade; 11-Nov-2012 at 03:11.

I'm so sorry. This happened to me and my wife last April. Our ten year old golden retriever seemed perfectly fine, until I took her out for a walk. She started to get up and then fell. I could see something was wrong, and the more she tried to walk, the worse she became. I swept all 70 pounds of her in my arms and put her in the back of the Jeep and took off for the vets. By then she was having seizures, and there was nothing they could do. I went home and got my wife. Three hours later she died in our arms as we had to do the horrible deed. Both of us couldn't stop crying for many days. We had to get out of the house, as everything reminded us of her.

Last June we got another golden puppy, but we still miss her and all the other dogs who have owned us throughout our lives. Dogs are so special. They always are there for us, always loving us. When we lose them, the pain runs deep, and only time, a lot of time, helps. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that my dogs are waiting for me in the next reality, and that reunion will be a great day, or as the spiritual say, a great gettin' up morning.

So sorry to hear that. It's hard for people who don't own pets to understand just how much they mean to us. They become part of our family. I've been a dog owner for just over a year, and though taking care of my dog isn't always convenient, and is downright frustrating at times, it's worth it just to have such a great companion. It's hard to say goodbye, but though she couldn't be with you forever, the memories you have of her will.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel. I actually had a Rottweiler pass away just recently. I still miss him