Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Default Questions

So I have a few questions if anyone would mind answering, I am not looking for very big answers, but mostly your opinions.

After looking it up I have come across some people who seem to be living as a baby way too much, wearing and using 24/7, spending virtually all their free time acting like a baby, spending thousands of dollars on cribs and whatnot. One referred to themselves as a baby in an adult body. Am I the only one who seems... think this kind of thing is taking it way too far? Taking it that far doesn't seem healthy to me.

What is the balance you maintain? Currently I indulge by myself around bedtime, drinking a bottle of milk and cuddling up with my stuffed animal, and just letting the adult world go away for a little while.

How exactly does regression work? I hear of people using hypnosis, but it seems to me like that might be a bad idea and could perhaps have adverse effects. If anyone has regressed much, what did that particularly feel like?

I also have heard of some people training incontinence...I want to understand why. I get being more like a baby or toddler...But...at the same time I mean, why would you want to have no control whatsoever? Many seem to look for a balance between controlling it and going when they want to in a diaper. I guess I don't understand how it would be worth it, considering it would significantly affect the adult life, and let's face it, real life has to take priority.

I agree with you 100 and 10%. Although I can't tell you if hypnosis actually works for a quick "regression session" I do know that there are plenty of threads already available on the topic.

(i.e. http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...sis-files.html)

Personally though I couldn't imagine being a baby 24/7 and I think that trying to be, would be taking this a bit far. Although that's just a personal opinion mind you. About indulgence, meh...usually around bedtime too. I bought myself a footless sleeper (with a hood :p), I change, curl up next to my stuffed animal "Tony", and go to sleep.

A random thought; I have noticed I usually sleep better when I'm padded though.

Hope I helped somewhat,

- Chance

First of all, thank you for asking the question. This thought crosses my mind a lot.

Virtue is the mean that lies between excess and deficiency. We have these desires, so it isn't healthy to ignore them or deny them But the problem here is typically excess.

When we over indulge or live in a fantasy we remove ourselves from the real world. Yes I don't mind doing this at the end of the day, or when I am stressed. And yes, I sleep with a plushy every night, but that is as far as I go. To be intemperate is destructive, and proves that a person has no control over their own desires. This person is a slave to their impulses and is never truly satisfied. He is a tyrant and a beast.

Regarding diaper usage, it provides comfort and safety by allowing he user to symbolically let go of control and the responsibility that comes with it. In this way it lends a sense of safety. We find solace in the fact that we have no control. Some wish to make this permanent. It is ironic however that "diaper training" involves having enough mental discipline to feel free enough to let go in the diaper. Therefore "diaper training" is actually a powerful exercise in mental control. Those that would attempt to render themselves incontinent would find that a true lack of control would not be to their liking, as they would sacrifice that hidden control that exists when on chooses and engineers their own environment. We pretend that we lack control when we wear diapers and condition ourselves to wear them. Further more, we also choose when and where we do this, and thus are truly always in control. those who would wish themselves incontinent don't really know what they are asking for.

Great thread and great questions.

There have been times that I have considered the desire to wear 24/7 and to even live in an artificially regressed environment. While I have given some serious thought to the 24/7 question, I have always had plenty of reasons to want the majority of my adult life to persist.

Life lessons learned. I have several friends that have tried 24/7 diaper use and while a couple have done so for years I would say the vast majority last okay a couple of weeks to a few months. Over time it becomes a burden and the appeal goes away. In my own life I have gone mostly diapered for a week at a time, only out of diapers for work. While these few occasions felt more like a pseudo-vacation from my adult life I also discovered my interests dulled a little toward the end.

About 6 years ago approximately I made a decision to sleep in diapers every night. This continued initially for probably about a year and a half before I started trying I take little day or two breaks. This was a problem because my previously prevalent bed wetting, that was mostly gone for years (only pretty rare accidents), seemed to return. My first big hurdle happened when I ended up going on a 2 week trip, the first week I could be diapered and the second. So I tried hard to regain my control. The second week I had a single night accident, and I caught myself before too much damage had been done. Once I was done with the trip I returned home and resumed my nightly diapers. I discovered that as I reached the nearly 4 year mark I was taking many purposeful breaks, often having accidents, because I was really getting tired of waking up in soaking diapers. A the very end I was done, I strived to sleep without diapers and without having an accident.

For the past 2 years I will spend a couple of weeks at a time sleeping diapered and then in between whenever the need arises. I don't wear during the day much, in fact it is now more unusual where I had worn more frequently more than 6 years ago.

I am sure it becomes a lifestyle for some people but moderation is way more important to me because the relative effectiveness of the diapers to help me cope and relax goes down if I overuse them.

So yes, 24/7 is taking it way too far.in fact I believe overindulging to the point that the interest goes away might be too far as well.

I did have an interesting thought two years ago and I am glad that I never tried it. The thought occupied to me that since I was really starting ti despise the diapers that if I ever wanted I fully shake the desires that purposefully overdoing it, like 24/7, at that point for me might be the best way to get over the feelings. Ultimately I decided to take a break and I am glad I did because I really do get great joy from wearing when I really need to.

I do cuddle with my stuffed animals every night and I have since I was very young. At this point in my life so much time has passed where I have been hooked on my plushies that I don't think I would cope well if I were to have to give it up for more than a few days. This activity is innocent enough that I am not too worried about it. I also wear footed pajamas and have been doing this for the past 2 years come this Christmas. I find that I have no desire to be diapered under them and I get nearly the same comfort. Again innocent enough that I have begun ti use this as a substitute for the diapers to help maintain balance.

For me my interest in diapers is very regressive. The moment I put a diaper on or even cuddle with my plushie I begin to regress mildly. My mind wanders and I really go to a very simple, peaceful place. I often feel very little when I am regressed. I have also discovered that I have other triggers that bring my little side out pretty frequency. Watching some shows or movies, this was hard when I was with my kids a lot because I was feeling like a kid all the time. Walking through the toy section of a store, I can not resist stopping and playing even if it is only for a few seconds. Again, with my kids this was great for them because we could play together for hours.

When I do feel I am regressing I try hard to conceal most of the outward signs and behaviors if I am in public or around others. With my children I would play and even watch the shows they enjoyed, but I would never let them see my true baby side. In many ways this was great because I have tons of great memories just spending time with them and we really grew a very strong bond.

I have some pretty good experiences with hypnosis and some hypnosis tapes. None of them have been AB related with the exception of a sample that I descent joy started listening to. For the person who has never experienced true hypnosis it is very much like a deep guided meditative process and state, well because that is really all it is. I know others who have been able to use hypnosis to resolve serious life problems and it can be highly successful. I currently have two friends that practice this art, one I have known for years but has never had me under. The other actually studied under my older friend. She has become a somewhat regular resource, well a couple of times a year, for hypnosis and I can tell you that the experience is wonderful. For me the objective is to deal with stress, to help me prepare for major events, and to bring peace into my life. I have found that I leave extremely happy, with such a unbelievable level of peace to the point of being nearly euphoric. These feelings facade over time but I still feel the effects for weeks.

Your last specific question deals with artificially induced incontinence. For me I have had times that I have wished that I could have a loss of control because I have such a hard time opening up to others about my diapers. Years ago I felt this would be just the trick to give me a "legitimate" excuse. Well as I have discovered it is really no fun to be diapered all the time. I knew from my childhood bed wetting, until nearly 13, that I didn't like it then either. So it is safe to say that even though I used to think it would be great, sort of a AB/DL's ultimate dream, it would not be such a dream.

I am glad that I have control most of the time, and I am glad that I will wet in my sleep while diapered.

One question you didn't ask that I have considered for the past year or so. If I had it to do over again would I still have my baby side. For me this is really quite simple. I would say yes to my plushie, although less of an addiction please. A willing lines to try and wear footed pajamas would be fine, especially when it is really cold. Bedwetting as a child, I would say definitely not. Interest in diapers, and for me this has been present since about 4 or 5 years old, I would say definitely not. I love them now but if I could have chosen I would have said please not.

If I recall, and can fully trust my psychology prof. then there are some current studies going on about 'age identity disorder' as an effect to Adult Baby Syndrome.

I was obviously very interested by this, and I talked to him after class about the topic, and discussed quite a bit about it. He seemed to suggest that adult baby syndrome can be (in some cases) caused from Dissociative Identity Disorder, I found this quite surprising to say the least. DID is a disorder also known as Multiple Personalities Disorder. It's a suggested cause for some people who are furries, people who experience both the male and female sex, among many other things.

I can't help but have thought about it a few times since talking about it with him, and there on I talked with him more about it. It really does fit quite nicely into all of the niches.

In fact it fits more nicely when you look at statistics, DID by itself (including Gender Identity disorders, ae identity [possibly adult baby syndrome], maybe even furries/otherkin/species identities) are actually quite common. It has a big impact on about 1 in 10,000 people, but estimates have ranged from 1-2% in actual people affected.

Of course your other identities can be quite extreme, and quite different and include many other things.

Such as a kit fox who is female. While your real identity is a 30 year old man.

While it isn't as extreme as a complete flip personality, where you may switch between "alters" and not even recall, these are the extreme cases. I think for most ABs this doesn't occur, and that we have a very common form of DID, for the most of us as well. Not everyone does, but it is a nice fit to the puzzle!

Another thing for more extreme ABs can be those that regress without wanting to, by depending on how some actions have taken place. This is actually known in DID as being one of the more "extreme". Some people may regress or alter their identity to a scared child when certain events take place, it's a simple defense mechanism, and once again fits quite nicely with the AB niche.

I feel that it makes perfect sense that being an AB can be a varying spectrum through the DID, possibly just a slight DID, all the way to the extreme. Of course the same fits for all of the above examples used in this post (furries, gender, etc.).

In either case it is very fascinating, and may help answer a few of your questions or lead you to read some studies about DID itself.

- Lobie

I think the DID link is a very strong possibility. Many people who have DID find that their other personalities are often children. There's a theory that these personalities "split off" from the main one at various ages, and stay at the same age they were when they split. I'm a rarity - most of mine are adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    If I recall, and can fully trust my psychology prof. then there are some current studies going on about 'age identity disorder' as an effect to Adult Baby Syndrome.

I was obviously very interested by this, and I talked to him after class about the topic, and discussed quite a bit about it. He seemed to suggest that adult baby syndrome can be (in some cases) caused from Dissociative Identity Disorder, I found this quite surprising to say the least. DID is a disorder also known as Multiple Personalities Disorder. It's a suggested cause for some people who are furries, people who experience both the male and female sex, among many other things.

I can't help but have thought about it a few times since talking about it with him, and there on I talked with him more about it. It really does fit quite nicely into all of the niches.

In fact it fits more nicely when you look at statistics, DID by itself (including Gender Identity disorders, ae identity [possibly adult baby syndrome], maybe even furries/otherkin/species identities) are actually quite common. It has a big impact on about 1 in 10,000 people, but estimates have ranged from 1-2% in actual people affected.

Of course your other identities can be quite extreme, and quite different and include many other things.

Such as a kit fox who is female. While your real identity is a 30 year old man.

While it isn't as extreme as a complete flip personality, where you may switch between "alters" and not even recall, these are the extreme cases. I think for most ABs this doesn't occur, and that we have a very common form of DID, for the most of us as well. Not everyone does, but it is a nice fit to the puzzle!

Another thing for more extreme ABs can be those that regress without wanting to, by depending on how some actions have taken place. This is actually known in DID as being one of the more "extreme". Some people may regress or alter their identity to a scared child when certain events take place, it's a simple defense mechanism, and once again fits quite nicely with the AB niche.

I feel that it makes perfect sense that being an AB can be a varying spectrum through the DID, possibly just a slight DID, all the way to the extreme. Of course the same fits for all of the above examples used in this post (furries, gender, etc.).

In either case it is very fascinating, and may help answer a few of your questions or lead you to read some studies about DID itself.

- Lobie
    Makes a lot of sense. I would love to see the results of the study.

I do, however, wonder how this fits in with those who have some sort of a diaper attraction with no regressive, infantile or childlike attributes.

I think to answering your question if it goes beyond leave adult life behind and it start taking over whole life then there is a problem with that there need be balanced in everything it ok act like baby for any reason but to live life like baby all time with others caring for you it become on health and you would need to seek help.

I'm kinda a 50/50 person. I like to spend time feeling like a baby, however i also like being an adult too. I almost always go to bed padded and always cuddled with at least one of my plushies. I don't think it is ever wise to leave adult life completely and be a 24/7 baby, however i don't think it hurts to let the little guy out quite often.

I look at it this way i like to wear diapers at night only no other time of the day i use a binkie sometimes and i really thinks there are so pros of being an adult freedom is one of them i could not see myself being a baby 24/7