Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your Diaper fail?

Default What's your Diaper fail?

So,

I here is a fun topic I am sure everyone can sympathise. The dreaded diaper fail. I woak up this morning all minding my own business doing my usual morning routine: eat cereal play video games etc. Lets be honest most of us don't Change first thing we wake up yea? Well anyways at some point amongst this I did my morning le'stinky business and so after im content with the spot im at in Constantinople on ACR... I head to the bathroom to go have a shower. Jammy bottems down... BAM pyjama seat ruined. I was under no impression that I was leaky as generally speaking a bambino with a booster pad is a fierce contender even for a panda such as I.

Upon further inspection the rear of my padding had decided to split and I had no idea because the absorbency was doing just fine and no wetness had leaked therefore I had no idea until after the fact. Needless to say it was the first time I ever had a bambino diaper do this and my tail was damn ruffled. This experience made me a le'sad panda and has motivated me to ask this question...

What's your diaper fail?

Not sure why but i have been getting allot of back splits on most all premium diaper's
    Bambinos , abena M4 , Fabine , they all do it , unsure why or what im doing wrong but im not a big person , eigher theire plastic back are now so thing they rip easly ?

ived had some cases that were worst then others however its always the same type of split from top to bottom near the wetness indicators , ect
    anyone can answer me why this would occure i love them snug and not loose , so i know they can be abit tight but i dont like them falling to my ankles eighter lol

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Not sure why but i have been getting allot of back splits on most all premium diaper's
    Bambinos , abena M4 , Fabine , they all do it , unsure why or what im doing wrong but im not a big person , eigher theire plastic back are now so thing they rip easly ?

ived had some cases that were worst then others however its always the same type of split from top to bottom near the wetness indicators , ect
    anyone can answer me why this would occure i love them snug and not loose , so i know they can be abit tight but i dont like them falling to my ankles eighter lol
    On diapers like the M4 the plastic is quite weak. If you tape up too tightly, and then are active moving around, the tapes would either become undone, or the plastic would rip. In the case of M4s, its always going to be ripped plastic as they are a lot weaker than the tapes. other things like friction from rubbing against your clothes, or the zipper on trousers is sometimes enough to rip the plastic.

Anyway, for me, attends and cuddlz seem to have been one of the worst brands for having problems. With attends the inside of the diaper seems to split a lot, and then I get loads of sap crystals everywhere, and unless the diaper is very tight, when moving around they work their way out of the diaper and all the way down me leg and stick to the insides of my jeans. A very long and annoying clean up follows.

As for the cuddlz, I have ordered before and seen one with the plastic ripped all the way along the bottom, and also seen one that had no tapes on it.

I once put a Goodnite on inside out and I wondered why pee ran down my legs. I then found out I had it on inside out.

I once wore an Attend and after peeing in it once, it totally ran out of the diaper.

I once had these Chinese brand diapers and I put one on and at my brother's Christmas concert, the diaper feels loose and I feel air in the back of it. When I get home, I fine out it ripped all the way in the middle to the back. It was a slit.

I have had tons of diapers where the tabs rip off the diaper. I have had to use mailing tape for it.

When I got Baminos, they kept leaking on me and didn't hold a lot like the website claimed and other people

I have 2 memorable nappy fails.

1. I had a busy day and was out and about in the car doing various things, while wearing of course. I remember getting all the way into the City centre, parked my car and got out. Then I noticed on the car seat there was 2 wet circles. On feeling my bottom, I discovered I had 2 wet patches on each side. I got back in the car and drove all the way home to change again.

2. I got up in the morning, had a drink and ate my breakfast, just about to head back up stairs when I noticed a trail of big sap clumps. Feeling the back of my nappy, I had discovered that the back had ripped and the filler had fallen out. I had a look in my bed and there was lots in there also.

A 3rd story, but not a "malfunction". I put some washing in one day and somehow a nappy had managed to get in with it all, no idea how. When was taking my washing out of the machine, I noticed the remains of the plastic structure of the nappy and the rest of my cloths was covered in little sap balls. Got completely everywhere. What I did was hang my washing out as per normal and waited until it all dried and give the washing a good shake and the dried up sap just fell off.

Arkay

Well, i only had 1 major issue. I was wearing a Depends Protection with tabs, and ive had no problems with them. My sleeper on the other hand... So at the bottom of the zipper theres these 2 staples in the fabric, I was sitting down and started to put pressure on my diaper through my sleeper. Not knowing of crouse, this put a HUGE streamline of tears and rips in the diaper. Then, next wetting... Pj's into the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubles View Post
    I head to the bathroom to go have a shower. Jammy bottems down... BAM pyjama seat ruined. I was under no impression that I was leaky as generally speaking a bambino with a booster pad is a fierce contender even for a panda such as I.

Upon further inspection the rear of my padding had decided to split and I had no idea because the absorbency was doing just fine and no wetness had leaked therefore I had no idea until after the fact. Needless to say it was the first time I ever had a bambino diaper do this and my tail was damn ruffled.
    I wear bellissimo a lot and can speak from experience here, the cover is only of average durability. seams are your enemy. If you are going to be active in a disposable diaper and wearing pants, shorts, jammies, etc check the crotch seam. If it has ANY seam, it will eventually wear through your diaper and weaken it and it will split.

Put on either boxers or briefs. Neither has a seam in the back, and will protect your diaper. I've actually only recently started doing this, for the last 2 months or so, and have gone from frequent splits to ZERO splits. It works.

I've also found that briefs really help keep the crotch of the diaper centered. In the past the padding always used to move completely to the left or right side of the pant seam. But with briefs on, the diaper creases neatly in the middle and stays centered. It's really easy to leak in the crotch if all the padding is off to one side, so this really helps. So although I bought a few pair of boxers for testing alongside the briefs, I think I'll be sticking with the briefs because their heaver elastic and tighter fit seem to be reducing load on the tapes so they don't tend to stretch or pop as much.

Good luck!

I had an awkward moment in a diaper the other day, courtesy of a failed tab on a bambino teddy. Now granted, it was probably my fault in part, because I tend to tape diapers too tightly, so broken tapes is nothing new unfortunately.

Anyways, I got caught in a situation the other day where I had no choice but to be around some family while wearing a teddy under some (thankfully) loose fitting jeans. For whatever reason, I didn't have an underwear on over it as I usually do.

So i was sitting in the living room of my grandmas house, surrounded by two of my uncles and an aunt watching TV when suddenly....BAM!!!

Right as the show we were watching was going to commercial, which means the TV got suddenly quiet for a few moments, one of the tapes (which I later found out was the bottom left tape) EXPLODED as it popped off.

Now, having never been in the situation where something from within my pants made a loud popping noise in a room full of people, I did the only thing I could think of at the time: I faked a few coughs, stood up, and fled to the bathroom at the back of the house.

Needless to say, this has only increased my paranoia when it comes to wearing around others, especially when it comes to diapers as...obvious as bambinos!

Wow,

This is all rather saddening I think I shall pull out my violin and play a sad tune for the fallen diapers lol. I do find I frequently wear "big boy underwear" over my diapers :P on anything sides pyjama pants generally speaking just because of those things noted above and helps with noise and sag. It seems to be quiet obvious however that Bambinos biggest weakness then is durability. Now we did have one mention of someone who made them leak but generally speaking it sounds like most of us have had good experiences with them beyond that I can't complain. Personally I have actually never had one leak and I think that I'm a pretty heavy wetter.

That being said these are some pretty funny diaper fails. Keep up the good fight.

The only fails I've had have been leaks and only then, in the early days of my incontinence when I was wearing cheap Depends pullups and no plastic pants. Now I've "upgraded" to better diapers with plastic pants, I've not had any fails. Although I have noticed the plastic pants are often wet inside when I take them off, so clearly there would have been leaks if I wasn't wearing them.