Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nearsighted? This tip could help getting diapers easier on the stress.

Default Nearsighted? This tip could help getting diapers easier on the stress.

So, what usually happens when you try to go out to a supermarket to get diapers? You feel scared, and very stressed out because you think everyone is watching you.

I can't say for others, but myself I am nearly blind in my right eye, and my left eye sucks as well. I'm extremely nearsighted. One day, I went to buy myself a new 18 pack of diapers. What did I do? I took off my glasses for the purchase! It helped extremely with the "everyone-is-watching-you" anxiety because you can't really see anyone in the store! It lifts a tremendous load when you can't see if people are actually looking at you or if they aren't.

So if you're nearsighted, give this tip a try.

redtails

That sounds like a really.. odd tip if you ask me. My right eye is probably equally bad as yours is, but my left is not bad enough to use your trick so the trick will not work.

It's good that you're willing to share the odd experience you had with others, I'm quite sure someone will find use in the tip!

So.. do you reckon sunglasses have the same effect?

Not really, because you can still see the people around you. The point of my tip is, is to make it so you can't see them as well as you normally would.

redtails

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    Not really, because you can still see the people around you. The point of my tip is, is to make it so you can't see them as well as you normally would.
    Which is why I was wondering if sunglasses might help because sunglasses alter the colours so it's not like you normally see people

of course you can just as well buy a set of glasses that isn't your strength and they'd unsharpen your image if you're not extremely nearsighted!

Peachy

Lol...that's some fancy strategy.

I would work for me, but while my left eye is pretty useless and could, indeed, not see anything further away than 2inches, my other eye does see everything without glasses.

Peachy

This doesn't work for me because I can see decent in both eyes, but my right eye washes out color, is a little dark, and can see this post from 16 inches.

Well, my eyes are bad enough that I need glasses, but not nearly that bad. This trick might not work for me, as I could still make out just how many people see me buying this pack of diapers.

didnt work for me, i already tryed this technique ^.^; though im sure it will work for some. for example, you.

I have to put my reading glasses on to read the size, otherwise I'd wind up with diapers that are way too big, because I never see any smalls just medium large and xlarge.

But I do wear sunglasses at all times when I'm not home.

redtails

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I have to put my reading glasses on to read the size, otherwise I'd wind up with diapers that are way too big, because I never see any smalls just medium large and xlarge.

But I do wear sunglasses at all times when I'm not home.
    Do the sunglasses help you give a feeling of anonymity? Do they help you feel less stressed? Any information is useful, as long as it's said and spread!