Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When in "baby land"

Default When in "baby land"

Or as it's better known the baby section in a store. Do any of you feel a little embarrassed or start to question yourself for a few seconds if there is a crying or babbling baby an aisle over? I know it makes me think "do I really want to act like that"? Usually I just leave the section without buying anything =/. Also, for anyone that's familiar with Walmart, is there anywhere to buy a giant teddy? I've looked and I can't seem to locate any. =(

Interesting question, in my opinion I don't think it's strange to question yourself in that kind of situation. I've had similar feelings before but more along the lines of guilt, for example I'll see a mother buying something for her baby and I'll think "I don't really need these" and start to feel bad for people who actually need baby items for their baby and aren't as privilaged as some to be able to afford them.

As for your situation though, being AB though is all about accepting yourself and quite frankly it would be unusual if you didn't question yourself when wanting to act like a baby. Although we may feel little on the inside, we have the same reasoning and inteligence of any other adult meaning we can choose do indulge in whatever makes us happy. Choosing to buy babyish things doesn't turn you into a baby, sure you can relax and go into an infant state of mind but you still keep your adult senses and composure at the end of the day. The clue is in the name afterall Adult Baby.

It's nothing to be ashamed of being AB, everyone is unique and different and AB's are some of the most beautiful warm hearted people out there I think.

Edit: I totally forgot to say, good luck finding a giant teddy ^.^ It might be easier to find one around Christmas time.

Also Vermont Teddy Bear will start running TV commercials for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Or as it's better known the baby section in a store. Do any of you feel a little embarrassed or start to question yourself for a few seconds if there is a crying or babbling baby an aisle over? I know it makes me think "do I really want to act like that"? Usually I just leave the section without buying anything =/. Also, for anyone that's familiar with Walmart, is there anywhere to buy a giant teddy? I've looked and I can't seem to locate any. =(
    I sometimes feel the same way, although I'm used to it now. As for big teddy bears, check the toy section, mommy bought me a big giraffe for $10 just last week.

-Ron

I used to feel some shame in the baby section. I think I've just gotten to a point in my life where I'm not concerned that fellow shoppers have the ability to read my mind.

Now, that being said... If I'm perusing pacis and teethers and such and there's an honest-to-goodness mother also looking for stuff I will walk away and let her have her pick... Especially since most baby sections in stores I frequent seem to have been attacked by rabid wolverines. There's alot of empty hooks and shelves most of the time and I would never snipe a genuine mommy for something as silly as a pacifier I've got my eye on.

if there are other babies around I just look at them, smile and wave. If I get a reaction I will often comment on how cute the baby is.

I always love passing through the baby isle when grocery shopping, and I'm shopping with my wife. She always knows that I enjoy it, especially when we leave for the registers back down the baby isle...blushes. You just have to accept yourself and enjoy the moment. No one else will know what's on your mind, so go for it!

You pose and odd point and a good question. When I see a toddler screaming and crying I realize that is not quite what I want. This had gotten me to thinking about the idea of being a TB, for me it's more just about nurturing I don't quite want the whole package just a few pieces a few aspects I don't quite get enough in my life because I'm not comfortable asking for them..

I tried hunting around on the web but they got pretty spendy. I'd wait till the holiday season to search for a big teddy bear. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kashi View Post
    You pose and odd point and a good question. When I see a toddler screaming and crying I realize that is not quite what I want. This had gotten me to thinking about the idea of being a TB, for me it's more just about nurturing I don't quite want the whole package just a few pieces a few aspects I don't quite get enough in my life because I'm not comfortable asking for them..

I tried hunting around on the web but they got pretty spendy. I'd wait till the holiday season to search for a big teddy bear. Good luck!
    Just because a toddler screams and cries doesn't mean this is an attribute that is shared by AB/DL's because we are still very different. Real babies scream and cry often as a way of dealing with things and relieving stress, for many in the AB/DL community it would seem that the diaper related interests and activities are often the means of dealing with things and relieving stress.

Completely carrying on like a baby is a choice, and like all other choices, it is one that doesn't need to be taken.