Thread: Hello from Northampton, UK

prichardson

Default Hello from Northampton, UK

Good evening.

It would appear that I have become an official 'lurker'. So to remove myself from this terrible, 'dirty old man lurking in the shadows' stigma I have taken this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Paul. I am 34 and live close to Northampton.

I live with urinary incontinence and have had a hell of a fight over the last few years to keep myself together whilst going to hell and back with my problems, primarily urinary retention and neuropathic (nerve) pain around the bladder. After too many years of treatment, l am kind of back on track finally having had two Bladder Neck Incisions and a Urethral Sphincterotomy to relieve the most painful and debilitating urinary retention and bladder pain that I could have ever imagined.

The last few years have been terrible, costing my marriage and pretty much everything else. Life is looking UP now and I am positive for the future. I have found incontinence difficult to live with but I am getting used to it and I guess it has nearly become the new 'normal'.

I am interested to read about other peoples perspective on their continence issues and some posts on the incontinence forum have been of great help to me.

My fall into incontinence started from when I was in my mid 20's, so it is a subject that I am very knowledgeable of. If I can be of help to anyone then please do not hesitate in contacting me.

My life: HGV driver with a passion for flying Paragliders & flexwing Microlights. Friendly, approachable and always willing to help.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5977.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	15130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	15137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LostFile_JPG_132000440.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	15136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LostFile_JPG_44087832.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	15135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LostFile_JPG_37601720.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	15134  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheesy.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	15131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LostFile_JPG_22905368.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	15132   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LostFile_JPG_33125840.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	15133  
    Last edited by prichardson; 03-Nov-2012 at 19:52.

SkarTiger

Quote Originally Posted by prichardson View Post
    Good evening.

It would appear that I have become an official 'lurker'. So to remove myself from this terrible, 'dirty old man lurking in the shadows' stigma I have taken this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Paul. I am 34 and live close to Northampton.

I live with urinary incontinence and have had a hell of a fight over the last few years to keep myself together whilst going to hell and back with my problems, primarily urinary retention and neuropathic (nerve) pain around the bladder. After too many years of treatment, l am kind of back on track finally having had two Bladder Neck Incisions and a Urethral Sphincterotomy to relieve the most painful and debilitating urinary retention and bladder pain that I could have ever imagined.

The last few years have been terrible, costing my marriage and pretty much everything else. Life is looking UP now and I am positive for the future. I have found incontinence difficult to live with but I am getting used to it and I guess it has nearly become the new 'normal'.

I am interested to read about other peoples perspective on their continence issues and some posts on the incontinence forum have been of great help to me.

My fall into incontinence started from when I was in my mid 20's, so it is a subject that I am very knowledgeable of. If I can be of help to anyone then please do not hesitate in contacting me.

My life: HGV driver with a passion for flying Paragliders & flexwing Microlights. Friendly, approachable and always willing to help.

Paul
    Hello Paul and welcome to ADISC,
    My name is SkarTiger but you can just call me Skar.
    That was a very good introduction to get you started with contributing
    I understand you've been a lurker here for quite some time and so you're reclaiming your status. May I take this opportunity to ask you for some more input into the site. Someone from your perspective can really lend an interesting insight into topics such as incontinence. This site is designed not only for ABs and DLs but also people who suffer from incontinence so you'll be given a warm welcome by the other members.
    I see you're a paraglider, that must be a fun hobby I'd love to try it but I'm afraid of heights :3

Enjoy the forum,
    Skar