Thread: Online play question

Default Online play question

I am getting ripped off by Sony. I thought Sony offered free online gameplay but no they don't the games I rent games though Gamefly need a passcode to play online. I would have been better off with Xbox.

So that means that if I bought a used PS3 game would I still have to pay to get a passcode to play online?

The PS3 has free online play. Some games just require an online pass, which I think is stupid, and it's not only on the PS3, but on the 360 as well.

What game were you trying to play? Most EA titles and some PS3 exclusives with a multiplayer component require an online pass such as Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3.

I was trying to play

Twisted Metal, WWE 2013, and Turok

I thought since it was rented there was an encryption on the disk that made it that way.

So I would need to buy lets say Twisted metal new in order to play online. If I bought Twisted Metal used I would have to pay for a passcode

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmon View Post
    I was trying to play

Twisted Metal, WWE 2013, and Turok

I thought since it was rented there was an encryption on the disk that made it that way.

So I would need to buy lets say Twisted metal new in order to play online. If I bought Twisted Metal used I would have to pay for a passcode
    they do it like that because of used game sales. They bitch and moan about not seeing any money from used game sales so its a 5-10 dollar fee to activate these games online unless you input the code from the games case which is one time use.

Anyways Twisted metal sucked ass. It hasn't changed one single bit and looked horrible for a 2012 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmon View Post
    I am getting ripped off by Sony.
    Yeah as stated it is not just Sony. Xbox (Microsoft) practices the same tactics and anyway it is more up to the company that published the game rather than the platform itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    Yeah as stated it is not just Sony. Xbox (Microsoft) practices the same tactics and anyway it is more up to the company that published the game rather than the platform itself.
    It's sony, EA, activision, and likely games such as forza and Halo 4, etc as well. Again it's just them kicking used gaming sales in the dick.