Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fur at school

skyfoxpup

Default fur at school

If you could would you be your fur at school

I don't know if this accurately answers your question, but at my junior high school, where I'm employed, we have hat day, and many, many students wear those knit hats that look like animals, with ears and tails going down the sides.

I may have told this story previously, but in one of my math classes, this very cute boy (he looks like a young Harry Potter, glasses and all) was wearing a blue animal hat, knitted ears and the side pony tailed tied tails. During a break I quietly walked up to him and said I liked his hat. He blushed and told me he normally only wears it at home, as it's his "comfort" hat. Can you tell why I really like this kid. I might add that he has a wonderful personality. The kids know I'm a writer, and he told me he has began writing a story. It's so wonderful observing these kids and getting to know them.

So I would say that our kids occasionally show their "animal" side, and there are safe ways of doing it without having to explain it. Everyone has a right to their animal persona as far as I'm concerned.

SkarTiger

This news report may take your interest.
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=r338cJ4NzNY

I doubt that these people consider themselves to be furries but they're definitely showing their animal side at school. Hanging out in packs, wearing tails and wearing fangs. They seem completely open about it even though it says they break the school dress code. I guess these are just extremely expressful people. I do think that these people are very similar to furries but they seem to be a lot more mauve about it. Whereas people will instantly spot furries in a big fursuit you wouldn't spot these people as easy as they seem to be very laid back about it.

I've dreamed that I was my fursona a couple of times going to school which didn't end well as everyone laughed at me for the fact that my schoolbag was full of diapers, pacifiers and plushies. It was more of a nightmare than a happy dream. Anyway, I don't think I'd do it in real life. I have wondered what it would be like to do it though, to turn up at school in a fursuit but I shrug the feeling off telling myself how much abuse I'd get from it.

Skar

Quote Originally Posted by SkarTiger View Post
    This news report may take your interest.
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=r338cJ4NzNY
    Pssssh, only posers call people posers (sarcastic), lol. I've noticed this and have commented about it on many post before. A pretty interesting report indeed.

I'd be tempted to let my furry side surface at school, but probably wouldn't do anything. At most, I'd maybe consider rocking a fursuit or at least the head to one on Halloween or on a day there was an excuse to dress up, but I would simply be utilizing the opportunity to get to fursuit up. I'd enjoy wearing it and being that much closer to my fursona, but it wouldn't be my fur side, it would be way too distracting and I wouldn't get anything done probably if it were!

Yes, I was thinking Halloween school dance as well. A great place to shrug it off if someone makes a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes, I was thinking Halloween school dance as well. A great place to shrug it off if someone makes a comment.
    If I saw a fur at a Halloween school dance at my school, I think that'd be one of the greatest things ever! (and a dance floor would be a much more appropriate place for my and probably most fursonas where you can be a little more playful when compared to a class room), but then again I think it would be awesome if every person was their fur self every day. Although I think you could certainly get away with it at a Halloween dance, you won't be the only one in a costume and any comments made about you will probably only be about how cute and awesome your fur self is.

Cygnus

I think that it'd be great to show up to school on the last day of senior year in a fursuit. I'd run around the halls, dance and give everybody a healthy dose of my middle finger. I'd walk out of there for the last time in style, leaving everybody confused in my wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I think that it'd be great to show up to school on the last day of senior year in a fursuit. I'd run around the halls, dance and give everybody a healthy dose of my middle finger. I'd walk out of there for the last time in style, leaving everybody confused in my wake.
    I think that would be a great idea. The moods and vibes would already be so elevated that day, everyone would probably love and get a kick out of it and no one would think negatively of it, plus it could be passed off as a last day prank sort of thing. Wish someone did this at my school, that would've made my day. I bet all (or most of) those people left in your wake may be confused, but they'll have a HUGE grin on their face too.

I told this story elsewhere in greater detail but I had my first furry encounters in high school. Its where I met my first, best, and oldest furry friends!

Its great to see more young people getting in touch with animal spirits. When I was in school we could not have been weirder.

I'm not a furry, but when I was hanging out with friends from college this Thursday, one of my friends said that a person in her program confessed that he/she (can't remember the gender) was a furry. They found it somewhat, odd, but basically said (in different words) to each his own. I guess it's good to know that most people are at least accepting of furries.