Thread: Disabled male wetting

Default Disabled male wetting

I have Cerebral Palsy Im 37 years old. While I have a cat nap (sleeping) for an hour around 6 or 7 pm sometimes I wet myselft & get embarrass infontt of my parents they also my carers. It happened again tonight just. Any ides what I can do

Thankyou

Paul

Paul,

As a person with CP myself, my best advice is not to feel embarrassed when it happens. I am sure that your caretakers understand.

This is a great opportunity to use some sort of protection. If you don't normally wet in your sleep at night and if this is a change for you I would bring it up at your next doctors visit. This is not necessarily an uncommon issue with CP so I would not be overly worried.

If you are comfortable enough with wearing a diaper and having your caretakers put them on you - go for it! I have CP, wear diapers and find it saves a whole lot of stress. Good luck.

Paulinfo,
    CP is a medical issue and needs to treated as one. I am Incontinent, which again is a medical issue, and I need to wear diapers. If you cut yourself you but a bandaid on it, or break a bone you put a cast on it. My point is with any medical issue DO NOT be embarrassed.....explain to your caregivers that it is merely an accident and you & they need to take the necessary actions to deal with the issue. Be happy & don't get stressed out about this.

Quote Originally Posted by SkarTiger View Post
    Having a disability is nothing to be ashamed of. You have to remember that. I know many people with disabilities including someone with cerebral palsy. I'm sure your parents will understand if you would prefer to wear diapers when you take a nap. It will make everyone's lives easier in the sense that you don't have to wake up embarrassed at the fact you have a wet bed and they don't have to clean it up for you. They're your parents and I'm sure they'll support you and take care of you.
    Skar
    This really is true. Remember that diapers are nothing more or less than a tool for keeping things from making a mess when there are control issues. When we can't fully control things a diaper is the responsible tool to use.

I'm right there with you man I struggle with toileting issues because of my CP. I think diapers would be a practical solution. But I too am concerned with what my caretakers attitudes would be I definitely plan on consulting with my doctor but I'm really not looking forward to potential tests

Quote Originally Posted by SkarTiger View Post
    Having a disability is nothing to be ashamed of. You have to remember that. I know many people with disabilities including someone with cerebral palsy. I'm sure your parents will understand if you would prefer to wear diapers when you take a nap. It will make everyone's lives easier in the sense that you don't have to wake up embarrassed at the fact you have a wet bed and they don't have to clean it up for you. They're your parents and I'm sure they'll support you and take care of you.
    Skar
    Well said. *hugs*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight View Post
    I'm right there with you man I struggle with toileting issues because of my CP. I think diapers would be a practical solution. But I too am concerned with what my caretakers attitudes would be I definitely plan on consulting with my doctor but I'm really not looking forward to potential tests
    I sympathize; medial procedures can be quite painstaking.